"72 Boler American needs some chip protection - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
"72 Boler American needs some chip protection

Hi, We're wanting to attend to a few early-season Boler projects before it gets too nice out. One thing I'm wondering about is the possibility of putting a rock chip guard on the front. I've been searching around a bit and have only seen reference to devices to protect the windows. I'm more concerned with the front fiberglass below the belly band. My 72 Boler American came to us (in 2007) with snaps across the front, below the belly band, down each side and then across the bottom which I assume were for some sort of protective covering, like the bra devices occasionally seen on VWs I don't know if this was an after-market custom job or an available option. I also have no idea what it was made of. If anyone out there has some info on this subject, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks, Sara
sara maccalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #2

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Hi Sara,

A lot of people apply a truck bed liner type of product (the black stuff that gets sprayed inside of truck beds). We are going to use Herculiner to coat the entire underneath and front below the belly band, and it can be rolled on easily by hand. With a lot of research this product seems much better quality than some out there. There are color versions from another company called Durabak, but I've read mixed reviews on it - mostly issues with the color fading.

Slav
slavandheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara maccalman View Post
My 72 Boler American came to us (in 2007) with snaps across the front, below the belly band, down each side and then across the bottom which I assume were for some sort of protective covering, like the bra devices occasionally seen on VWs I don't know if this was an after-market custom job or an available option.
I assume it was a custom aftermarket. Check out if someone local that does boat canvas work can help.

For me, I'm looking at the coloured roll on stuff a few have done here. Just have to remember the name of the product.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
OK found the thread and product I was thinking of:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ded-51926.html
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler