84 Scamp STOVE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hello all -
We're working on our little 13' 1984 Scamp (now with camo vinyl floors - don't ask! but it works for the black labrador - he thinks its a duck blind). I am in the process of removing the yellowing tape and caulking the seams - looks like I will have to paint to match the whites up - new cabinet doors - soon to replace some rivets and put in a new roof vent (my other half thought that driving with it open was a good idea.....didn't look at my checklist when he was on a solo adventure - and to think he has given me grief about my lists).

My current challenge de jour:

My stovetop was rattling around so I figured out how to pull it off and found one of the little clips (one on the left and one on the right) that is riveted into the base was snapped. I need to replace that little clip - WHERE IN THE WORLD DO I FIND ONE? There is no identifier on my stove as to what it is (it is the original 2 burner) so I can't figure out which manufacturer to call either. Any ideas?

Oh, and for those in Portland - where have you had your cushions recovered? Anybody I need to know? (oh, and those won't be in camo or safety orange.....!).

Thanks everyone. This little gem is the best thing ever - my coworkers even are excited. Yesterday I got a phone call to "come quick - there is a Scamp parked on the curb". The guy had a sweet setup - he pulled away before I could chat. Everyone got a charge out of it - they had no idea what a Scamp trailer really was since they haven't seen mine. Now everyone wants one....!

Let me know about the stove and upholsters.

janelle

Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Janelle, I haven't had any upholstery work done, but you may find it's cheaper to order new covers from Scamp... even if the fabric/color choices are limited. You could also try the Portland Upholstery School (there's a review on the link too)

Stove clips, I would suppose it depends on the manufacturer. Could you post a picture?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Hi Janelle,

I just got the covers for my Moms 1995 Scamp 16', she got the blue which is really blue/grey, they have 4 color schemes, good quality too, it cost 200.00 and got here to Arizona in two days.

The clips I have got from PPL RV Motor Home parts and supply, they are used in several brands of stove also Scamp carried them.

Harry
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 16 ft Amerigo
Send a message via Yahoo to sherry loving o
Hi Janelle,
I agree that their gems. I love mine!!! and will never sell it. I also have the original 2-burner stove, clips and all. If you can't find them let me know, my dad has a custom machine shop and can make anything. He said they would be easy to make. Maybe we could hook you up.
I bought new covers from Scamp and it was well worth it. They will e-mail or send samples of the fabrics available. I agree with the other posts on just buying those from scamp. I still have the original foam which needs to be replaced but, in time. Try reading some of the other posts I know there was one that someone posted and gave examples of all the fabrics available.
Good luck!!
sherry loving o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp