A/C for front of Play Mor 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #1

Name: Shannon
Trailer: Cougar
Kansas
A/C for front of Play Mor 2

Hi after much contemplation, there is no other way to put an air conditioner but front or back of my camper. Someone vented it to the sitting side, which I do not want hot air blasting at me when I am sitting out in the heat. I dont like the idea of any unit sticking out......however portable a/c units are too large and I have no way to hide them or build them in because of our wants for the set up. So, I was going to have the front bunks and back dining as it was originally set up for........but My daughter and I love our mother daughter cozy talks and laughs at night in the tent together...so we agreed on turning the back dining into a permanent bed. Then using the two small benches up front as the dining with a round wood table in between.

With all of that being said........I then went uh oh...cant put the a/c in the back under the dinette..........oh but easy enough I can put it in the front and use the tongue as the base for my friend to weld a nice frame plus maybe hide the battery box under it (perhaps a nice diamond plate wrap box with a door to the battery?). I like the front for many reasons...my dinette form would add depth and structure to the ac unit and it puts 8 inches of the 15 total depth inside the camper as there is 8 inches to the outer wall. My worry is wind driven rain if I am driving from someplace in a rain storm. I thought of doing a custom vinyl cover with velcro to the front to go out beyond the weatherstrip around the ac to add a protective layer. Am I on the right track or did I forget something important?
Attached Thumbnails
Inked3_LI.jpg   Inked2_LI.jpg  

3.jpg  
Sshaw1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
I replied to this in your other thread