a/c ideas for 13ft uhaul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #1

Name: jay
Trailer: u-haul 13ft trailer camper
Georgia
a/c ideas for 13ft uhaul

i would like to put a roof top a/c on my 13ft uhaul camper , i'm worried about weight . anybody have any ideas , roof , window, or portable.
upthecreek7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Lots have put a portable AC through windows. Some have put AC on the top with some bracing to accommodate the weight. Others put it under a front seat or in the closet. We put a portable AC through the back wall of our Burro, attached it to the bumper for support and then disguised it as a cooler. If you search, you will find lots of examples. It does not have to be limited to Uhauls, however, most other campers have belly bands.

Good luck! I would not be without it.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #3

Name: jay
Trailer: u-haul 13ft trailer camper
Georgia
thanks for the info. lol disguised the a/c to look like a cooler thats cool i like to see that if you have a picture ... you said some campers have belly band i don't know what this is ..
upthecreek7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
The two halves of our Uhauls are connected from top to bottom while almost all other models are connected around the middle.

You can find images of how we disguised the air conditioner on our Burro here:http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-27412.html We sliced up a cooler. The hubby built a platform for the air conditioner to ride on that was attached to the Burro's bumper. When we were driving, we left it covered. When we were camping, we uncovered the cooler, so the AC could drain.

Scroll down a bit. It was so realistic that a guy asked the hubby for a cold one when we were at Yellowstone.
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul