A Car Camera - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
This morning I was going through some old files and came across information on an accident I had in the year 2000. I was pulling a new 19' Bambi Airstream with a Dodge Durango and got sideswiped by a subcompact about 2 feet ahead of the rear end of the Bambi. This caused me to cross a full lane and paved shoulder and dig into the soft roadside in such a way as to roll the SUV and the RV almost two times. Both were totaled.

Now my message is not to watch out for subcompacts. Its to make sure that if you have an accident you have a camera (A throw-away with a flash is just fine) to record damage, skid-marks, and if possible the ID of the other car. I was able to show the insurance company 27 pictures of the immediate aftermath and I was able to refresh my own memory so that my description of the accident made sense.

Turns out that had I depended on the state patrol report or the story told by the lady who hit me, I'd have been in deep pucky. (The police report said the blame was 50%-50% and the other driver had NO insurance.)

I recycle the cameras every two years or so and have used one to help someone else who had an accident.

PS Both of my vehicles were less than a year old and total. My insurance company settled for 100% of the new prices.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi_Down.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	932
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
I`m in the habit of carrying my small pentax digital camera on my person almost all the time....it`s almost the same size as my cell phone.....haven`t been in a situation yet where I really needed it but there is always a first time and it`s better than saying, "I wish I had......." Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
Con

Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Benny, How about correcting the link to your Webshots album!
Con is offline   Reply With Quote