Accessory for RV hose - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Name: Peg
Trailer: 1995 Scamp
Wy & Az
Accessory for RV hose

i thought I remembered seeing a circular white plastic accessory that would tighten your hose connection without using the usual pliers that eventually strip the female piece attached to the trailer.
Has anyone seen one of these or have a better way to tighten.
pegski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegski View Post
i thought I remembered seeing a circular white plastic accessory that would tighten your hose connection without using the usual pliers that eventually strip the female piece attached to the trailer.
Has anyone seen one of these or have a better way to tighten.
I've seen that sort of thing molded onto some hose ends, but I don't recall ever seeing such a thing for sale as a separate tool.

You might try buying a little package of red rubber washers. With a new washer, you won't have to tighten as much to get a good seal. Buy a package of ten or twenty and they'll last for years. You could put some in the trailer and use the rest at home.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-AJHW-...-garden&sr=1-3

Because the rubber ones are a bit stiffer, you might need to get a bit creative and use a little stick or something to push them into the coupler end.

There are also cheap plastic washers available that are red-colored; they are soft and won't last very long, so try to find some red rubber ones. As an example, I would recommend against buying ones labelled as being mde of polyester.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I think what you want is called "connect it tight star wheel". Google it at you'll find many vendors that sell it. I think I got mine from Little House Customs, but it's available lots of places, probably even Amazon
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #4

Name: Peg
Trailer: 1995 Scamp
Wy & Az
I think that’s exactly what I saw and now you mention it that probably was where I saw it.I’ll Google it when I get a minute. Thanks.
pegski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I think what you want is called "connect it tight star wheel". Google it at you'll find many vendors that sell it. I think I got mine from Little House Customs, but it's available lots of places, probably even Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegski View Post
I think that’s exactly what I saw and now you mention it that probably was where I saw it.I’ll Google it when I get a minute. Thanks.
Nice, I had no idea you could buy these independent of a hose or a fill-fitting!

JR Products 616-05-E-PW-A Polar White Connect-It-Tight Coupler Cover
Attached Thumbnails
JR Products.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #6

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Little House Customs sold one to me years ago - still works fine