Seems like a separate sub forum on damage and repairs might be a good thing.
Driving on I81 in traffic, all of a sudden there was a tire and wheel laying on the road in front of me. The other lane was full so I had nowhere to go.
My TV cleared it but the bottom of my power tongue Jack caught it and flipped it into my axle
, bending the axle
by about 15į.
I've replaced the jack and am impatiently waiting on a replacement axle
, estimated to take 5 to 7 weeks. It's already cost me two rallies and more to come.
But one more problem. There was water leakage from under my grey tank. To learn more I had to cut away a lot of foam to see how bad it was. Well, I lucked out on this one I think. It seems the plumbing cracked at the junction with the tank.I should have all the fittings in hand and replaced by the weekend. I think, with fingers crossed, there's no damage to the tank and no remaining leak.
I worried about getting the axle order right but learned something important. When I removed the axle I found on it a label containing the Dexter model and serial numbers.
With that information Dexter was able to send a copy of the original invoice of my specific axle from 4 years ago. Wow! Problem solved.
If I may offer some advice, I recommend crawling under your trailer, locating that label, and taking a picture of it, while hopefully it's still legible. Mine was worn enough to be barely legible.