Add a propane connection outside for camp stove. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Add a propane connection outside for camp stove.

I have a 16ft. Casita. Would like to remove the indoor stove, but add an outdoor propane connection for a camp stove. Do I need to take it to a propane dealer or an RV service center?
Alice
Alice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I would be inclined to add a T fitting on the low side of the pressure regulator, outside the cab of the trailer. But getting a pro would not be a bad idea.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
The RV service center would probably be more practical.

All you really have to do is install a Tee after the propane regulator, and put a quick connect/shutoff valve in that tee. Of course, if you want the connection somewhere else, it will require more work and materials. Flexible propane hoses of various lengths are easy to get, that will reach from the quick connect fitting to your exterior stove.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #4

Name: Alexander
Trailer: Escape 15B
British Columbia
I strongly suggest that you get a qualified gas fitter at the local RV dealership to do the conversion. That being said, I have a quick connect fitting under the trailer that I use for both my propane fireplace and the bbq. (Not at the same time.) I have a gas line long enough to reach most all picnic tables for the bbq and an extra long line for the fireplace so as to allow folks to gather around. You'll have to disconnect the regulator from the fireplace, but that's no biggie. Make sure you use the correct, propane rated, thread tape.
penderpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Doing this is just as easy as going to a RV dealer and purchasing the adapter. Shop around for the best price.
https://www.campingworld.com/stay-lo...kit-82583.html

Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marshall-...pter/126212346
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: boler 1978
British Columbia
I disagree with the other posters. I've got a tee off the main propane tank then a hose to adapt to an outdoor stove. Way easier like 60 bucks and no RV service center. Portable camp stoves already have a regulator. Plus if you go this route you can hookup whatever small propane bottle type appliances you like. Also the camp stove, BBQ, propane lantern or whatever are still totally portable and don't rely on the RV regulator. You can drag the BBQ or stove to the beach with just a 1lb propane bottle.

If you had a 20+ foot rig you might not want to cook within 5 ft of the propane bottle but at 16 ft yer pretty much always there anyways.

Cheers!

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...1097p.html#plp

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/w...w.ds#store=466
kip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:18 PM   #7

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Arizona
Look for a T

Hi Alice, If you do not have a propane heater, there probably is a T fitting in the gas line outside (underneath) just before the line goes into the trailer and up to the stove. You could use that for your connection.
Moyza Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane