Add bathroom basin in 16ft. Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Has anyone added a basin/sink in the corner of the shower stall in a 16ft. Scamp? Are there any kits available for doing this? (Something similar to the sinks found in Casita bathrooms.) Thanks. hr
Henry R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 1980 Bolar 1700
I've been thinking about it but I have to many other projects underway to give it the time. Since the shower is so tight anyway, I am not sure I want to loose the space. Although with it in place, it would give true meaning to the saying "shower, sh@# and shave"

As far as I know there are no "Kits" but all of the parts are available though the online RV parts companys.

Here is a 13"x13" Corner sink. Another company had a 10x10
http://www.dyersonline.com/pc-18818-153-co...e-in-color.aspx
Rob S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I have a sink in my 5er and really think it takes up space.... JMHO... I use the kitchen sink to wash face and brush teeth...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Has anyone added a basin/sink in the corner of the shower stall in a 16ft. Scamp? Are there any kits available for doing this? (Something similar to the sinks found in Casita bathrooms.) Thanks. hr
I am assuming you have a side bath model?
The front bath models with showers have a corner sink already in them.
I would think it is a simple matter of calling Scamp and them sending you the sink.
In the front bath the shower is an extension of the sink so you might be best off thinking of re-doing yours to connect the same way?

Good Luck
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:

If you have not already done this then I would suggest that you do not bother with it. We have one in our 16' Scamp and I can tell you it just gets in the way even though it is small and mounted in the corner. It is on my list of things to take out one of these days. The kitchen sink is mush larger and only two steps away.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I'll be the black sheep here.

I have a bathroom sink and I use it all the time, as I do at home. I like having my toothpaste stored out of sight and don't want to bring it out just to put it back in the bathroom. My kitchen storage is for kitchen stuff, my bathroom storage is for bathroom stuff.

I also fill the bathroom sink for navy baths when boondocking. Much easier to do it there while I am in a water friendly room.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Put a fold away shelf on the wall appropriat for sink height when folded out. Also put a portable sink on a permanent shelf up high say behind the john where you obviously do not stand up; unless your prone to standing on toilets for some strange reason. For sink use pull it out and stick it on the fold out shelf.

For showers use.. fill it with hot water (link below is one that holds three gallons) and place it back on its high shelf and shower away.

Portable Sink
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I'll be the black sheep here.

I have a bathroom sink and I use it all the time, as I do at home. I like having my toothpaste stored out of sight and don't want to bring it out just to put it back in the bathroom. My kitchen storage is for kitchen stuff, my bathroom storage is for bathroom stuff.

I also fill the bathroom sink for navy baths when boondocking. Much easier to do it there while I am in a water friendly room.
LOL Gina if you are taking Navy Baths while boondocking then you are probable not a Black Sheep but a squeeky clean White one!

Had not considered the Navy Baths as I usually rig the Solar Shower up. Hummmm perhaps I should keep the sink after all.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I do not wash my hair every day. I use the shower every other day if boondocking to do that, Or wash it in the sink as well. When I smoked, I couldn't get away with that, but since I am not dragging my head mop thru the mud all the time, it is fine skipping a day.

Water conservation is the goal, and you can get squeeky clean with a sink of hot water and a good terri cloth washcloth. It's not as elegant and comfy as the shower, but it does the job without too much damage to the water supply.

Showers are very wasteful when you think about it. They are NICE, for sure, but when camping, I give up the warm fuzzies of one and still get clean.

Believe me, the sink in the bath is far more elegant than doing that in my 13 with the kitchen sink. At least I have a water heater in my Big Burro, so it's easy.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Mount a small (3" deep?) shelf on the wall that holds the facuet/shower hose attachment/water knobs. Below this have a fold down little unit that houses a collapsable sink like the one below

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas...ain-Large$

http://www.readytoleave.com/Eating-and-Dri...en-Sink/details
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp