advice re: awnings for 13' Trillium - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #41

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Whoa, Colleen, this sounds like a wonderful (and easy-to do) setup. I REALLY hope you can post some photos... with lots of detail.

Am I understanding that you have been able to essentially "glue" snap studs to the outside of your trailer without drilling through? And that the adhesive is strong enough to hold your awning?

It also looks like the vendor sells "suction cups" that attach and are strong enough to hold the awning. Does anyone have experience with these (they sound perfect for what I need!)?

LP
EllPea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #42

Name: Colleen
Trailer: Trillium
WA
I'm trying to post pics now. Hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
ad studs.jpg   awning2.jpg  

IMG_5414.jpg  
Colleeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #43

Name: Colleen
WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellpea in CA View Post
Whoa, Colleen, this sounds like a wonderful (and easy-to do) setup. I REALLY hope you can post some photos... with lots of detail.

Am I understanding that you have been able to essentially "glue" snap studs to the outside of your trailer without drilling through? And that the adhesive is strong enough to hold your awning?

It also looks like the vendor sells "suction cups" that attach and are strong enough to hold the awning. Does anyone have experience with these (they sound perfect for what I need!)?

LP
Yes, if you follow the link to Sailrite, they sell snap studs that are embedded in a silicone circle with adhesive backing. You prep the area first by light sanding, alcohol wipe, putting on the adhesive to prep the area, let it dry, then apply the stud. (It has its own adhesive, the other stuff is kind of a pre-adhesive.) The trick with gluing on the stud is to hold it down hard and steady for a full three minutes (this is quite the isometric exercise) to let it completely adhere to the surface. And then NOT USE IT for at least 72 hours. Each stud can hold quite a lot, but the combination of a bunch of them (we only used 6 ultimately, not 12 like I said previously) hold really well. AND, in the event of gale force winds, the snap will unsnap BEFORE the snap comes off the trailer, so your trailer remains intact while only the awning goes skipping over the plains.
Colleeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #44

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Really awesome!

I love the looks of this awning, and how it attaches to the trailer. Thank you so much for sharing! We will definitely look into one of these.

Best,
LP
EllPea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #45

Name: Maxine
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Northwest Territories
Carefree model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
OK...Guys here goes the first picture is the Carefree still in the bag notice how tight it fits in the bag and how neat the lines are, next is the tention adjuster which works really nice located on the legs and roof supports and I love the square tubing which you can see in 3 how its setup, the rest are the brackets and thats how the legs attaches to the body as you can see the metal piece slides in and a small rod slides down and locks the leg in place and believe me its about impossible to rip this from the camper....Next I'll post the TrimLine,

Hi Randy,

I know it's been a while since you posted about this, but do you know the model of carefree awning that you have?

Thanks!

Maxine
maxypantsinyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #46

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Sorry but I don't know the model and if "Roy in To" is correct mine's probably NOS (New Old Stock) and no longer made.. But according to Roy they make one that comes farther out from the camper hopefully you can find one the length of your camper, which I believe they still make.......

There's something else I would like to add about these awnings.. Like I stated I've got several different brands.. The Carefree awning is still in great shape but Trimline, A&E, and Shademaker not so much.. Now I don't store my campers or cover them, they set out in the yard and I've notice that over the years the awnings bags have started rotting, peeling and cracking so much so that one rotted right off the side of the camper.. I don't know if you can buy new bags and have the awning re-sewed to it or not. The awnings inside the bag are still in good shape but the bags are rotten.. I just don't understand these company's that use faulty materials in hopes that it will rot off and force you to buy another one.. The Carefree might be a little higher but believe me it's worth it, then again I don't remember how much each one cost it might have been cheaper..
I buy my awnings off E-bay, Craigslist or where ever I can find them reasonable.. I guess from now on I will have to remove the awnings when not in use and re-install them when I get ready to use one or try to find more Carefree ones...Hope this helps someone trying to make their decision........
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #47

Name: Lee
Trailer: Trilluim 1979
OH
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise T View Post
Hi Jim,

Have been away for the w/e ... enjoying some camping in my Trillium so I'm just looking at the picture you posted now. Thanks. It's a nice looking awning! I have a few questions...

What fabric is the awning made of?
Does it roll up into a bag which slides into the awning rail (i.e., like my old one?) (And it's made to fit an 8 foot rail? )
And what are you asking for it?

Thanks,

Denise
I too am interested. I have '79 What's the asking price?
Ls.Liebetreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #48

Name: Lee
Trailer: Trilluim 1979
OH
I'm not sre I'm even posting this in the right place.
I too need a replacement awning for my baby."79 I don't know the style.
ANY help is appreciated.
LeeAnn

PS. Can't even figure how to post a pic. It's a 1300
Ls.Liebetreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Illustrated guide to posting photos:
Posting Photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
It's on Escape forum but same as here.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:16 AM   #50

Name: Sherry
Manitoba
Awning may fit a Trillium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtesla View Post
i have an awning for a trillium trailer i purchased from a member awhile back
its still in the packages in which it was shipped
i have never used it because i painted the trailer and want to get a different
color
if your interested i can send you a photo and make you a great deal

jim
Hi good morning - I wonder if you still have your awning> do you know if it has capacity for "add a room"

Sherry
trillium79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #51

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillium79 View Post
Hi good morning - I wonder if you still have your awning> do you know if it has capacity for "add a room"

Sherry
Sherry, Jim's profile shows:
Last Activity: 05-15-2021
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium