Allure Installers... help! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
What the heck does this mean?

Quote:
If the measurements are different you
can make adjustments on the first row of
allure by scribing the plank on the over
edge.
Also, I was reading the instructions and it says not to let your house get over 95 for an extended period of time. My trailer sits in the garage in Fresno (uninsulated garage) in August and September and it could get that hot. Is this likely to be a problem? It cools down somewhat at night. Maybe this isn't the right product?

I already decided it won't be right for my house since I leave it unoccupied all summer in the heat, no AC. The trailer leaves for the summer but is there from mid-August through the end of the hot season.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Most plastics soften with increasing temperature. Assuming "Allure" is a plastic based product, I would think the hazard would be when walking on it at an elevated temperature.

Doing so might just make a permanent impression of your shoe print in the softened plastic of your new floor.

I would think it would be just fine in storage (but that is only an opinion).
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I need the context of:

Quote:
If the measurements are different you
can make adjustments on the first row of
allure by scribing the plank on the over
edge.
What measurements are they talking about?
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Most plastics soften with increasing temperature. Assuming "Allure" is a plastic based product, I would think the hazard would be when walking on it at an elevated temperature.

Doing so might just make a permanent impression of your shoe print in the softened plastic of your new floor.

I would think it would be just fine in storage (but that is only an opinion).
Sorry, they specifically say the glue will melt. That sounds like a potential mess to me. I think I've decided to pass on installing it in the trailer.. maybe I'll take the box home, glue a piece or two together, and see what it does over the next few months in the garage and then decide.

Booker, the measurements are as to whether or not the room is square.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Even if the glue melts I can't see it going anywhere, it's very thin application that's applied to the pieces.

If you do choose to do your trailer don't worry about it being square, cause it's round like an egg! *chuckle*
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Even if the glue melts I can't see it going anywhere, it's very thin application that's applied to the pieces.

If you do choose to do your trailer don't worry about it being square, cause it's round like an egg! *chuckle*
I'd worry about the glue dripping, but maybe if I'm not standing on it it wouldn't be a problem to soften.

I'll think about it.

Mine has an approximately 2 foot by 10 foot aisle in the middle so being very off square would be a bit of a problem cosmetically.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13 ft
I installed Allure in my Scamp about six weeks ago and on a hot day 90-95 outside temp. it's says it's 110 inside Scamp and have not seen any problems yet.. Nothing soft or sticky, etc. Edgar
Attached Images

Edgar L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
What the heck does this mean?

I think they are trying to describe how to use a plank or section of the width of a plank to mark the last plank in the floor if it will not fit as a whole unit. You set the 2nd last plank in place, use a loose plank to measure from the wall marking or scribing the excess on the 2nd last plank, which you then cut and move into the last's planks position afer replacing the 2nd plank.

In other words you use the plank as a ruler to cut the last piece so it will fit.

HTH

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote