Amerigo Dealer Info From 1970 - 1972 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
Amerigo Dealer Info From 1970 - 1972

I recently purchased an Amerigo FG-16 & after the seller signed the title he then handed me a "surprise" packet. He had all of the original Amerigo brochures, owners manual, dealer pricing info, sales invoice, Certificate of Origin and prior registrations that were given to him from the original woman owner. There was even a review from Woodall's Trailer Travel done in 1971 which has some interesting reading on these trailers.

Since original Amerigo info seems sparse I thought posting it here would be useful to all current and future Amerigo owners. Happy New Year and enjoy!
Steve

The fold out brochure is dated 1970. I think it's funny they show a Pinto with the 2300 4 cylinder engine as a tug!

Note: Sorry the pics are so small, to enlarge them hit ctrl and + a few times.

SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Very cool!
Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #3

North Carolina
Amerigo Dealer Pricing

More Amerigo info......retail & dealer pricing.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #4

North Carolina
Woodall's Amerigo Review

Hopefully this is legible.
It gives a good review & was likely reprinted ~ distributed by Amerigo dealers for promo use.

It says that when the review was done this was a prototype unit (possibly the first?)
In both the brochure and the Woodall's review they show a rear trunk door with a recessed license plate area. None of the pics of production units I've seen have this, they have a flat aluminum skinned door. Kinda cool, may have to fabricate one for mine!

I like the last page that shows it hitched up to an early 70's Charger!

Old 01-01-2015, 06:46 PM   #5

North Carolina
Amerigo Invoice

Original sales invoice from my Amerigo FG-16.

Kinda cool that this was built in Bristol IN, the original owner lived in Bristol and the second owner that I bought it from lived in Bristol....... on State Road 120..........about 2 miles from the old Amerigo plant where this FG-16 was built at in 1972!

Also on the cool side is the original sale date was December 15th, my birthday!

Old 01-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
It is funny to see the ad with a Ford Pinto pulling the camper. They could hardly get themselves going from a light and then to put a trailer behind it that weighs as much or more then the tug itself.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #7

Name: Tony
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo FG-16
Virginia
Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. I purchased my amerigo last year and did a few renovations, but have been unable to find out much info about the brand. I have camped once in it and it had no leaks (rained the whole weekend), but I did have quite a few inquiries about the camper itself. I still want to make a few more mods for the spring camping season, but definitely enjoying the camper so far.
tatrailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amerigo