Amerigo Empty Weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1

Name: Sam
Trailer: Owner 16' Amerigo
Tennessee
Amerigo Empty Weight

Hey everyone,

Took my stripped out trailer to the scales today and it has an stripped out weight of 1120 pounds, A little heavier than I would have guessed but that's me. I also hauled off all the crap I took out of the trailer and it weight 560 pounds. It was not a complete trailer on the inside when I got it, so I am sure it weighted more than 1680. Hope this helps someone down the road.

Sam
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Sam, Thank You for posting your results! So many people go by what their manual says or what someone else guess-ta-mates the weight to be and often it's not even close to what the true weight is......... Glad you took the time to find out what your trailer weighed.

Wish this post could be connected to the, Trailer Weights in the real world post. Because I think people need to see it........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Sam, thanks for sharing that. Dont feel bad your not the first one here to discover that all our stuff adds up in weight to far more than what we thought it should. Among my friends who have done what you have done 500 to 700lbs of stuff is a pretty normal number.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Wish this post could be connected to the, Trailer Weights in the real world post. Because I think people need to see it........
Done. I quoted the post and then attached it over there.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post

Yeah! Love that "real world weights" matter! Thanks Frederick......

Carol, I could be wrong but I think Sam is saying that the things he removed and weighted were actually things outta the trailer as in, tables, wood, cabinets, etc. I think he stripped the interior and weighted it on the side, rather than personal items. ( I think ). Only his remark that it wasn't a complete trailer interior (stipped out) to start with thats why he feels it would weigh much more if the whole interior was intact. ( I think ) . Hope he will clarify that..................................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
I could be wrong but I think Sam is saying that the things he removed and weighted were actually things outta the trailer as in, tables, wood, cabinets, etc. I think he stripped the interior and weighted it on the side, rather than personal items. ( I think ).
I realized after I posted that perhaps that was what he had done. Hope he comes back and clarifies it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #7

Name: Sam
Trailer: Owner 16' Amerigo
Tennessee
Hey Carol,Fredrick and Robin,

The things I took out was all the wood, doors, seats, stove, heater, junk, rat turds,(didn't wt that) and wiring etc. When I hauled it to the trash yard the wt was the 560 I think I have a pictures of the stuff. I have an empty trailer pictures too, here it is Amerigo - Images . So the 1120 is a stripped out trailer with nothing in there.
Hope this helps
Sam
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amerigo, weight