Another stupid question? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
Another stupid question?

Can anyone tell me what this toggle switch is for? It's located on the window sill below one of the side windows in the dining area. It is the same type as the water pump switch on the monitor panel. I've toggled it on & off, but nothing happens. Maybe that's a good thing!? (1988 Bigfoot 17DLX)
Attached Thumbnails
2013-12-08 001.jpg  
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
It's for the tongue light that is directly below the front window above the propane tank cover.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Oregon Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainjunkie View Post
It's for the tongue light that is directly below the front window above the propane tank cover.
Duh! I thought that might be it, but the bulb must be burned out because it didn't light up when I tried it a few weeks back. Seems there's always something to fix, but it's sooo worth it.

Thanks for your help; I appreciate it.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Now see there is just no such thing as a stupid question! Only good simple question that need an answer.

Glad you found out what the switch was far. That is the good thing about this sight....someone always has an answer for you.

Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #5

Oregon Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
Now see there is just no such thing as a stupid question! Only good simple question that need an answer.

Glad you found out what the switch was far. That is the good thing about this sight....someone always has an answer for you.

Happy Camping
I'm new to this site, Lynn, but I already have had more than my share of stupid questions answered! I don't discourage easily, so I just keep on asking.

I agree, there's always good advice & helpful suggestions. I'm impressed with the site.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (Previously 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel)
My old Bigfoot motorhome had a toggle switch like that in the back bedroom. On one of our first trips in it while staying at a nice woodsy campground in Michigan, I got it into my head to solve the mystery of what the switch was for and flipped it over and over and over for a long time and didn't notice a thing in the motorhome changing.

The next morning, our neighbor at the next site over (very politely) let me know that the repeated flashing of the extremely bright floodlights on the side of our Bigfoot had made it difficult for him to fall asleep. He was kind enough to actually laugh about it when I apologized profusely and explained why the lights were flashing. Mystery solved!
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev in Oregon View Post
I'm new to this site, Lynn, but I already have had more than my share of stupid questions answered! I don't discourage easily, so I just keep on asking.

I agree, there's always good advice & helpful suggestions. I'm impressed with the site.
There's never a stupid question, but there can be stupid answers..........lol
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen T View Post
My old Bigfoot motorhome had a toggle switch like that in the back bedroom. On one of our first trips in it while staying at a nice woodsy campground in Michigan, I got it into my head to solve the mystery of what the switch was for and flipped it over and over and over for a long time and didn't notice a thing in the motorhome changing.

The next morning, our neighbor at the next site over (very politely) let me know that the repeated flashing of the extremely bright floodlights on the side of our Bigfoot had made it difficult for him to fall asleep. He was kind enough to actually laugh about it when I apologized profusely and explained why the lights were flashing. Mystery solved!
That made me laugh.
Glad you were next to jolly campers.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #9

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
The only stupid question is the one NOT asked.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #10

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
At least you know it doesn't control a neighbor's garage door like the one in the tv commercial where the husband asks what does this switch do while it closes the neighbor's garage door on the car repeatedly.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #11

Oregon Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen T View Post

Karen, we must be twins separated at birth! I laughed so hard at your story; it's exactly something I'd do -- oh, wait, I've DONE it. It wouldn't be the first time in my life that my curiosity got me in deep doo-doo, but I'd have missed out on so much otherwise!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #12

Oregon Coast
Made my day

I'm so glad I stopped by here this morning. My face hurts from laughing!