Any idea what these brackets were for? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
My new-to-me Bigfoot has some brackets around the bunk area that I'm sure were for something, but what? There are three on each end.

Toward the rear of the trailer there are two mounted vertically against the closet and one mounted horizontally on the bunk itself near the closet end. These seem to match up height wise to another set of the brackets mounted on the support pillar near the door end of the bunk, where there are two mounted on the bunk side and one that faces out towards the kitchen side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	9242

Name:	brackets_door_end.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	9243

Name:	brackets_closet_end.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	9244
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Brackets? or handles?
That looks like a folding bunk (like the one over my B1700RGH gaucho). I assume the ones on the front edge of the bunk might be for putting it up and down, and all of them are for assistance when climbing in and out... but I'm only guessing.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
The brackets are not part of the bunk brackets that hold it in the upright position (you can see them in the pictures too, they are the gold ones)

Each bracket is only about 1" long, and extends out about 1/4" or so ...

I'm thinking I could devise a way to hang a curtain around the bunk from them, but I would really like to know what the real intention was for them.

Hmm
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Each bracket is only about 1" long, and extends out about 1/4" or so ...
Well, the bunk is for small people. Okay, they're not handles, and the scale threw me; I was forgetting how short those bunks spaces are. My new guess is that they supported curtains or some more rigid railing arrangement.... but still guessing.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
[quote]My new-to-me Bigfoot has some brackets around the bunk area that I'm sure were for something, but what? There are three on each end.

Toward the rear of the trailer there are two mounted vertically against the closet and one mounted horizontally on the bunk itself near the closet end. These seem to match up height wise to another set of the brackets mounted on the support pillar near the door end of the bunk, where there are two mounted on the bunk side and one that faces out towards the kitchen side.

Attachment 9242

Attachment 9243

Attachment 9244

These handles, are definitely not standard issue. I have none of these in my Bigfoot.

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:59 PM   #6

Anchors for a safety net ?

Colin
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Anchors for a safety net ?

Colin

that's what i was thinking. for a child's safety rail.
tracy.c is offline   Reply With Quote