Anyone belong to the Casita Club ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Just wondering if anyone belongs to the Casita Club, I joined it over a week ago and can't post anything there? I wanted to post an ad also for my Scamp for sale but couldn't do that either. I've tried emailing the administrator twice but haven't heard from them. If that's the way they run that club I'm not sure I want to be a member. Any idea's on what's going on ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
It takes some time for the moderator to finalize your application, or at least that was the case with me. If you will "endeavor to persevere", I am fairly confident you will ultimately become successful.

I am also disappointed with the site because the moderator just recently elected to shut down a "Tea party" discussion, either because it was not a discussion involving only Casitas or it was a subject he/she disagreed with. I found it quite interesting to hear both viewpoints there on that single, non-violent, casual thread, and I was very disappointed when it was locked out for further posting by the moderator. I guess I can understand the narrow-minded point of view if it was for the first reason, but Likely I'll join you if it was for the second one.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
My application on the Casita Club has been in limbo for fourteen months, so far. I think I was so "lucky" as to register when the board was changing servers, so I got lost in the shuffle. After six or seven attempts, I kind of gave up. Oh, well. That's ok. I'm a member on four other forums, and that's enough time spent on boards, anyway. I can still read posts, but can't select "new posts" or anything like that. Not a big deal, especially since I don't own a Casita. I just like to see what's new without going thru a bunch of threads, one by one.
I believe (and I could be incorrect) that the Casita Club only has the one administrator, and no moderators. We all know how tough a job that could be... bless his heart.
(And,here, I'll throw in a big thank you to the moderators on this board who work so many hours to keep the board fun, friendly, and informative. It's a big job. More time than most people realize, I'm sure.)
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #4

Thanks John & Sherry for your replies I appreciate it. Wow 14 months, I guess 10 days or so isn't long at all, I won't be waiting for that long of period. I'm also a member of the Scamp group and like it very much, but they don't have a classified section. And you are right a big hand to the moderators who keep this forum running at top speed. This is my favorite, as I like that all fiberglass campers are welcome. And even though each may have different problems, you can get something from each post. By the way I don't have a Casita either I just like to see what's going on there as you can apply it to my Scamp. And like I said they do have a classified also which is nice. I also wanted to ad that I'm logged into the Casita Club, but just can't post or reply. Oh well
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Tim,

In Scampers go to application's left side near bottom. there are four things in there including ad's

Bill K

I'm also a member of the Scamp group and like it very much, but they don't have a classified section.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
im a member over there, it took a few months
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #7

Bill, Thanks for the tip, and all this time I don't remember that feature. Still I wish they had a classified also.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks y'all. We appreciate your kind words about the way we run things here. You're right - it can be time consuming. Although, honestly, usually it's fun - that's why we do it.

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #9

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Tim, You may want to check out this forum www.casitaforum.com Many of us belong to all 3, the casita forum is probably more Techy aand the casita club is more chatty and this one has a good mixture of both for all molded fiberglass jobbies. Gene is the webbie at the forum and pays pretty close attention to it and Erick owns the club. I had trouble getting hooked up with them back in 2003 and after a while I could post but I didn't get my membership number for like 2 years. there are folks who joined a year after I that have lower numbers but I guess I fell through the cracks. Don't give up on him its still a very good read. This forum has a bunch of moderators that do very well at keeping things rolling. All and all the 3 have a lot to offer
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Love the one you're with... that's my motto. And, why I think FiberglassRV offers a lot to any molded fiberglass towable owner. There's actually
Bolerama
YahooScampers
UhaulForum
CasitaClub
EscapeForum
OliverForum
CasitaForum

maybe more? to choose from. But I see the same people on all of them and then they come here. FiberglassRV is definitely the most active of the groups, and that's due to the variety of brands. However, they're more alike than different as we've all found out. Thanks for your kindness and consideration... spread the word!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Tim, You may want to check out this forum www.casitaforum.com
Thanks Bill I'll give them a look.

Tags
casita