Anyone have photos of the door gaskets used on Escape trailers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Anyone have photos of the door gaskets used on Escape trailers?

Would someone be so kind as to post a photo or two of the door area of the Escape showing the type and placement of the door gaskets they use.

Thanks in advance!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I don't know exactly what you want to see. This is close up of the door latch. The part of the seal on the right is hard, attached to the fibreglass. The left side is pliant.
Attached Thumbnails
door seal.jpg  
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #3

Registry
Thanks Glenn!! Appreciated. I am assuming the left pliant side is attached to the actual door. Is that right? do you have a photo of the main trailer outside area of the door with the door open by chance?? Trying to figure out whats around the actual door opening if anything.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Here you are, or you could just drive down the hill and look at it.
Attached Thumbnails
door closed.jpg   door gasket and trash.jpg  

Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #5

Registry
Thank you thank you!!! Now I can send the newly dubbed Cabana boy out to the valley to get it! ohhh I should admit he isnt playing the role all that well and would not do it if he wasnt already going that way! LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Here you are, or you could just drive down the hill and look at it.
LOL BTW its a little more than a drive down the hill LOL its a 2.5 hour (make it 3 or more if I dont bet the morning and afternoon traffic) or 210 km round trip drive.

Thanks again for the photos.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #7

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Carol, IF you get the Escape product, let us know how it works! I'm definitely going to use something for the door, don't know if it'll be mounted on the door or on the frame. The black trim around the door is in excellent condition, as is the white trim around the frame -- it's only the frame foam that's all messed up. Those who install the gasket on the door itself take that black stripping off? And likewise the white trim around the frame? If removing either/both could be avoided, that would be nice.

S.
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #8

Registry
Sharon will do - I was to late in calling out there today. BTW there was on the other Door Gasket thread a post by Jared #40 which shows a product that could be mounted around the door opening (not the door) that he used. The other most popular one with several links for purchasing on line would probable be ok mounted around the door opening as well rather than the door (should say thats just a guess on my part) The only reason I am not buying online from one of the links posted in the other thread is due to being north of the border. When you add in the cost of shipping to Canada buying from most of the websites mention puts the price per foot through the roof. I also went to 3 different auto supply stores here and 2 auto body shops and came away with nothing from them - as they claimed they couldnt get that style, frustrating.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Carol, I may be confused, but there is no seal on Glenn's door, it is on the door frame. Looks like a Trillium door frame to me.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #10

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Carol, thx for the info. What would it cost for an "individual" (me) to buy what you need and mail it up there? Is it the same cost as you ordering from an online place?

S.
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Carol, I may be confused, but there is no seal on Glenn's door, it is on the door frame. Looks like a Trillium door frame to me.
Thanks David I did know that - actually would prefer something around the door frame vs the door if possible.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
Carol, thx for the info. What would it cost for an "individual" (me) to buy what you need and mail it up there? Is it the same cost as you ordering from an online place?

S.
*Thanks* Sharon I do have a few drop boxes (friends) in the US who are not surprised to have packages arrive on their doorstep addressed to me, due to my having purchased on line. They just bring them to me the next camping trip. Problem is I would like the new door gaskets on the trailer before I leave for the NOG meet next week.... never know how wet a drive it may be heading down there and the old gaskets are shot! or I should say the new old style gasket has slipped around once again. gurrrrr.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #13

Registry
Sharon, just to follow up on this. FYI the gaskets used on the Escape doors are very different from those used on Scamps but Escape does a lot of work on all types of fiberglass trailers and they do have some very much like the ones others have been using as replacements on the doors of Scamps but unfortunately the ones Escape had were a little to big - close to 3/4" in bulb size so the door of the Scamp will not close using them... in the meantime I camped last week-end beside John and BJ and checked out what he had put on his Scamp. He got it from a place in Arizona and they called it T1 - his is also a pretty tight fit in regards to closing the door and I didnt have a great measuring tape with me but the bulb on it was about 1/2" or just a touch more in size. .... search goes on for the correct product.

Tags
escape