Applying Decals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #1

Name: garry
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 footer
British Columbia
Applying Decals

I am going to be applying new blue striping in our trillium4500. I found many helpful hints on getting rid of the old stripe ,the 3m eraser wheel worked great.I could use some pointers on applying the new stripes and decals that i bought from Tom Y last year. Thanks.
garry g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
I re-did my Trillium stripes a while back. I used masking tape to mark out where the stripe went to keep it straight applying maybe 2 feet at a time.

See post #23

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...g-35743-2.html
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 AM   #3

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
I replaced all of our Scamp decals last summer. It seems odd, but it really helps if you have a bucket of soapy water (use Dawn) and dip your decals into that before placing them on your trillium. The soapy water allows you to reposition them as needed until it begins to dry. Use a soft squeegee to go over the decals after you have them positioned correctly (I found an autobody one on Amazon that has felt on the end) and smooth out any wrinkles of bubbles. Once the soap dries, they are stuck on forever. If it begins to dry before you have it placed correctly, use a sponge to add more soap mix. Hopefully that makes sense
emij is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium