Attention Trillium fans...BIG Thanks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Name: Jo
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Texas
Registry
Attention Trillium fans...BIG Thanks

I just wanted to give a big ole' Thank You , to member Scott H. When I asked for suggestions about paint match for our '78 Trillium, Scott replied that...

Omni AE acrylic enamel, Isuzu Parthenon Ivory #91110
My "touch ups" are all but invisible to the naked eye.

was so close, that repairs were invisible to the naked eye. He was so right. We went to the automotive paint store and gave them that info. They put the color in a spray can. It was pricey (about $21), but well worth it. We sprayed the fiberglass repaired area on the top and also, there was one repair on the door side corner. The repair was rough, but the color was so good, that it made it look much better. And, we still have lots of paint left.

Also, wanted to mention, at our local Lowe's, they were out of Red Max step 3. They looked it up and said it was discontinued, at least at their store. We did use the step 2 Red Max sealer and it looks great.

Once again, thanks to Scott. We are so pleased with the paint color. What would we, fresh egg-ers, do without this forum? JO and the old guy
Jo R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo R. View Post
I just wanted to give a big ole' Thank You , to member Scott H. When I asked for suggestions about paint match for our '78 Trillium, Scott replied that...

Omni AE acrylic enamel, Isuzu Parthenon Ivory #91110
My "touch ups" are all but invisible to the naked eye.

was so close, that repairs were invisible to the naked eye. He was so right. We went to the automotive paint store and gave them that info. They put the color in a spray can. It was pricey (about $21), but well worth it. We sprayed the fiberglass repaired area on the top and also, there was one repair on the door side corner. The repair was rough, but the color was so good, that it made it look much better. And, we still have lots of paint left.

Also, wanted to mention, at our local Lowe's, they were out of Red Max step 3. They looked it up and said it was discontinued, at least at their store. We did use the step 2 Red Max sealer and it looks great.

Once again, thanks to Scott. We are so pleased with the paint color. What would we, fresh egg-ers, do without this forum? JO and the old guy
Good to know it worked out so well for you, I will be doing some touch-ups next spring.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking Another color?

I have a 2009 model Trillium and I found that Krylon Gloss Ivory
- Bar code 7 24504 0150 8 -
matches my color pretty well, and it is a lot cheaper. I got it at Wal Mart.

I bought it, intending to cover up the ivory on the exterior light fixtures which are yellowing from the sun. I found that the paint didn't stick too well, so I lightly sanded the ivory plastic body. Voila! Sanding took the yellow away.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #4

Texas
Registry
Good tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
I have a 2009 model Trillium and I found that Krylon Gloss Ivory
- Bar code 7 24504 0150 8 -
matches my color pretty well, and it is a lot cheaper. I got it at Wal Mart.

I bought it, intending to cover up the ivory on the exterior light fixtures which are yellowing from the sun. I found that the paint didn't stick too well, so I lightly sanded the ivory plastic body. Voila! Sanding took the yellow away.
Thanks Roger. We did try a couple of colors from Walmart and Lowes Spray section. I am not sure if we tried that exact one. I believe the one from Lowe's was Ivory...it was ok for the top, but a bit light. I will post pic. of the "rough" corner repair. It was previously repaired and we did not re-do. However, the Isuzu Ivory is so darn close, that now we are thinking of doing some sanding of the repair and re-painting. Just the closer paint, made this corner look better though. Always appreciate a tip to save $$$. JO
Attached Thumbnails
trillycrnrepair.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
No Red Max #3 at our Lowes either. Dang!

That patch paint match looks good!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #6

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
No Red Max #3 at our Lowes either. Dang!

That patch paint match looks good!
We are extremely pleased with the paint. If you had to repaint large portions of the body, it would get pretty pricey. However, for making repairs that can be nearly "invisible", it is well worth it. The Red Max #2 Sealer seems to put a great shine on. Perhaps it is not as long lasting(?). Sure made it look good though. JO

Tags
trillium