Back flow Problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: Skyline Aljo 19LT
California
Exclamation Back flow Problem

I am having a back-flow problem when I am connected to city water. It flows out the filler tube to my water tank when it is on. I read manual and found no shut off valve :is there one? I was wondering if there is an automatic valve somewhere that might need fixing? The back-flow happens only when water is on and it does not matter if cap is on or off. Can some one Help?

Also, The water is causing an iceberg to form

I own a Skyline Aljo 19LT
wogegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Yep, there is a one way valve somewhere that is sticking and/or your water pump diaphram has failed.

In years past a anti-backflow valve was usually on the output side of the water pump to prevent that from happening. Later on builders eliminated that valve and depended on the water pump head to stop the flow.

FWIW: I can't say that I know what a Skyline Aljo 19LT is, or how old it is, but it doesn't sound like any of the Molded Fiberglass trailers that this site usually sees.

A new valve or pump head should be avalilable at most RV parts sources

But I am certain that the same answer about the water system will apply.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: Skyline Aljo 19LT
California
Smile Back-flow Problem

Sorry about using this site it was the best I could find. Sorry my trailer is a 2007 non-molded. And I will look for the valve again although I did not see one the first time. Secondly even when I am not using the water (with pump running) it makes the noise like I am using the sink; could that be the problem?
wogegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If you arer saying that the pump runs all the time I think that may be the source of both your problems.

The pump should stop when the switch is ON, but the water taps are OFF. A ruptured pump diaphram will let both of your problems happen. Rebuild kits are available for about 1/2 the price of a new pump. As your trailer is fairly new I'd opt to rebuild the pump head.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote