Battery Storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2003, 08:02 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Battery Storage

Hi.:wave
I finally got the inside of our Boler cleaned. I don't know why people let it get that bad. If it would stop raining I could get more work done. The forecast is rain for the next five days. Did give me a chance to visit a couple of RV dealers though. Does anyone know where the battery was supposed to be placed on a 72 Boler 13'. Ours didn't have one in it and we are going to buy one this week. They are on sale. Thanks for the help.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #2

Hi Barbara
I personally would try to put on front A frame .Pulling end.:wave

Old 05-23-2003, 09:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Orginally posted by Barbara Gardin

Hi.:wave
Does anyone know where the battery was supposed to be placed on a 72 Boler 13'. Ours didn't have one in it and we are going to buy one this week. They are on sale. Thanks for the help.
Howdy, I think that most bolers didn`t have a battery compartment. At least my 74 didn`t. I slid the propane bottle over about 6 inches to the door side of the trailer and reanchored it there. Then I made up a battery tray to fit the outside of a battery box and about 2 inches high. This is welded to the trailer tongue next to the propane bottle. The battery sits in the plastic battery case and is held onto the tray with the strap that comes with the case. I also used a 1/8" steel cable looped over the case as a backup to the strap and held on by a padlock. This cable also runs thru the loops of another cable that is looped thru the top of the propane bottle. This will help deter theft of either. I hope that you got what I`m talking about.....I would not locate the battery in the trailer cabin because of the fumes that are emitted. Benny

Old 05-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #4

If you find that you want it inside the trailer, you can buy a sealed battery box that is vented to the outside.

Tags
battery