Bed & bath sizes 16' Scamp? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #1

Trailer: Silver Streak
Bed & bath sizes 16' Scamp?

Hello, Looking a Scamp - but I can't find anywhere the measurements of the bed. Anyone have the exact measurements of the dinette bed? Also, anyone have the measurements of the baths? Both the little side bath (in the front dinette model) and the front bath model.
Marilyn Teleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
SCamp 16 bed notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Teleck View Post
Hello, Looking a Scamp - but I can't find anywhere the measurements of the bed. Anyone have the exact measurements of the dinette bed? Also, anyone have the measurements of the baths? Both the little side bath (in the front dinette model) and the front bath model.
On my 2017 16':
rear bed = 76 X 51
side bed = 73 x 24
wet bath= 51 x 29
at the widest places.
Attached Thumbnails
floor_plan_16ftdeluxe_Layout B.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:22 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Bed & bath sizes 16' Scamp?

That’s a deluxe (custom wood interior). On standards (fiberglass interior), the rear dinette bed is only 76”x45”.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:19 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
The Side bath is small.. really small. And with the raised commode there is not much head room for the typical man. You kinda have to get in one to understand the size.
Bed size seems smaller than it is because the walls are at the edges and the corners are curved... Scamp 16 (standard layout four) bed:
Attached Thumbnails
BedSize.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #5

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
We’re on the road in our Scamp 16, side dinette for the first time. We were worried about that narrow rear bed, especially coming off a teardrop with a queen. But no real complaints so far. My wife and I are of shorter stature, so that helps, but it feels like enough room. Maybe because we both used to sail in smaller boats.
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #6

Name: Ervin
Trailer: Moby 1 Teardrop
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
We’re on the road in our Scamp 16, side dinette for the first time. We were worried about that narrow rear bed, especially coming off a teardrop with a queen. But no real complaints so far. My wife and I are of shorter stature, so that helps, but it feels like enough room. Maybe because we both used to sail in smaller boats.
Is yours a standard or deluxe model? I’m moving from a teardrop as well, and have the same worries as you. Love my queen in the tear. Thanks for your reply. Safe travels.
Ervin in Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #7

Arizona
Registry
If the small Scamp bed doesn’t work for you, and you don’t want to split up, there are a couple of options. The deluxe models are wider. I had always heard it was 54”, not 51”, but it’s definitely closer to a true double.

Then there is the Casita Liberty, which is available in a 16’ length as well as the more common but heavier 17’. Casita 16’s have a lower ceiling than Scamp, so not for taller people.

My wife thinks the small Scamp bed is perfect... for her! We sometimes share the bed for a while in the evening, but when it’s time to roll over and snore, I roll all the way to the front bunk. Space aside, it avoids disturbing your partner for nighttime potty runs.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #8

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin in Portland View Post
Is yours a standard or deluxe model? I’m moving from a teardrop as well, and have the same worries as you. Love my queen in the tear. Thanks for your reply. Safe travels.
Ours is a standard. We are definitely liking being able to dress in the Scamp while standing up!
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:13 PM   #9

Name: Wes
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
MN
Kenneth AC0GV,
You're my personal hero for 2-26-2024. I have been searching all winter for a diagram with dimensions such as your drawing.
I would get very frustrated when I would Google 'what are the dimensions of a Scamp 16 Deluxe bed and all I could find was "the bed is 54" wide". THAT is not a dimension.
By the way, I say 54" because I think the newer Scamper - ours is a 2021 - they tuck the cushions under the countertop to get an additional 3 Inches.
I would have simply gone out an measured ours but we had it put away for a winter, that so far, has never happened. And we're in Minnesota.
Thanks again.
Wes S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:46 PM   #10

Wisconsin
Registry
Not winter here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S View Post
I would have simply gone out an measured ours but we had it put away for a winter, that so far, has never happened. And we're in Minnesota. Thanks again.
I keep looking at mine and wanting to get it out, but now snow is predicted. I hope we get some as there may be a lot of camp fire bans if we do not. Remember "trust but verify?" There have been a few options over the years. Also the deluxe has quite an overhang of the counter top over the bed in mine. I'm in west central Wisconsin and had 60 degrees here today.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:51 AM   #11

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Kenneth AC0GV,
You're my personal hero for 2-26-2024. I have been searching all winter for a diagram with dimensions such as your drawing.
I would get very frustrated when I would Google 'what are the dimensions of a Scamp 16 Deluxe bed and all I could find was "the bed is 54" wide". THAT is not a dimension.
By the way, I say 54" because I think the newer Scamper - ours is a 2021 - they tuck the cushions under the countertop to get an additional 3 Inches.
I would have simply gone out an measured ours but we had it put away for a winter, that so far, has never happened. And we're in Minnesota.
Thanks again.
Yes, detailed dimensions are very hard to come by in the RV world. There’s a whole thread devoted to collecting “Bed Sizes” of fiberglass trailers. A search will turn it up.

Kenneth’s is the first I’d heard the deluxe bed is not a full 54” wide as claimed. The galley cantilever is on all deluxe models with the side dinette. In my 13’er it depends on how you measure. The cushions hang out a bit past the end of the supporting tabletop. The cushions measure 45” wide, but only about 43-44” is supported and usable.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:25 AM   #12

Wisconsin
Registry
Counter top overhang

Quote:
Thanks again.
I just checked mine and confirmed the 51", also the countertop over hang is about 8 inches. My paperwork says layout "B" deluxe but that's a 2016 order for a 2017 model.

Micah and the team have made a lot of great changes in the past seven years. One I noticed is that they added support from the countertop to the cabinet above. I may need to buy one at the rally. I like the look.

Tags
scamp