Bed Dimensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm looking for my first camper and it appears to me that the Trillium 1300 has a wider rear bed (53") and wider bunk beds (30") than Bolers, Scamps, or any of the other 13' fiberglass campers. Am I correct here? I'm looking for maximum bed size with minimum trailer weight. Thanks, David
David Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
We were just talking about Bed Sizes the other day...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
I'm looking for my first camper and it appears to me that the Trillium 1300 has a wider rear bed (53") and wider bunk beds (30") than Bolers, Scamps, or any of the other 13' fiberglass campers. Am I correct here? I'm looking for maximum bed size with minimum trailer weight. Thanks, David
In our 13ft 2004 Trill both my wife and i find it is a comfortable bed.We have not encountered any discomfort.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #4

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
I thought the 1300's had a narrower (44/48") bed.

Don't forget to think about the length of the bed as well. Some trailers are just plain wider than others. Makes for longer/taller beds.

Matters more for tall folks...

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #5

Quote:

I'm going on information from a Trillium 1300 that was on e-bay last week. I got outbid by $42! Anyway, the seller listed the rear bed width as 53" and the bunks as 30" and said both we're extra long. I just wanted to verify this with other Trillium 1300 owners.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #6

Quote:
We were just talking about Bed Sizes the other day...

Thanks, I just re-read your message and saw the link.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm going on information from a Trillium 1300 that was on e-bay last week. I got outbid by $42! Anyway, the seller listed the rear bed width as 53" and the bunks as 30" and said both we're extra long. I just wanted to verify this with other Trillium 1300 owners.

I found images of the original Trillium brochures on the internet and one of them states that the rear bed is 6' 5" X 47" and the bunks are 6' 5" X 27". The Trillium 4500 has the 53" rear bed. The guy on e-bay had a 4500 brochure to go with his 1300 trailer!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #8

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Our Trillium bed width falls into the 44-47 range, varying with the curved corners and the little bump-out that supports the table stuff. We sleep head to toe.
The bed length is nice. And the interior height of the trailer is nice for tall people, like my husband.
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #9

Name: Lee
Trailer: Trillium
AB
The thing that really makes the bed smaller for 2 people is the rounded corners. Our trillium 1300 table bed fits us, but is certainly not spacious with the wife and I. I am 6' and she is around 5'6". So far we been giving toddler the bottom bunk, I take the top bunk, and wife takes the big bed. That works well, and keeps her happy to go.

I have a few inches between the walls and my head and feet. I can lay flat but it is tough to fit a pillow or put hands up.

If you are much taller than 6' I think the trillium 1300 is a bad choice. Definitely try laying down in one before buying. If you are both under 5'8", I wouldn't have much concern.
leecyrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:59 PM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Bed Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecyrille View Post
The thing that really makes the bed smaller for 2 people is the rounded corners. Our trillium 1300 table bed fits us, but is certainly not spacious with the wife and I. I am 6' and she is around 5'6". So far we been giving toddler the bottom bunk, I take the top bunk, and wife takes the big bed. That works well, and keeps her happy to go.

I have a few inches between the walls and my head and feet. I can lay flat but it is tough to fit a pillow or put hands up.

If you are much taller than 6' I think the trillium 1300 is a bad choice. Definitely try laying down in one before buying. If you are both under 5'8", I wouldn't have much concern.
Lee, last activity in this thread was 2007. I'm going to guess they've got it figured out by now or moved on.

Our Scamp has the same size bed, and the corners are even more rounded. My wife also felt crowded with me in the rear bed, so we came to this arrangement: she shares the rear bed with our younger child, sleeping head-to-toe. I take the lower bunk, and our older child takes the upper bunk.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #11

Name: Lee
Trailer: Trillium
AB
Ah I see! Thanks
leecyrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #12

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Biggest bed size in the smallest trailer....Winner is the Trailswest Campster!

Except for my Camspter, in my renovation the bed is now a 28" wide single. I wanted more cabinet and countertop space. I did not need that original king sized bed as I travel solo and I am not a tall person.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Actually I believe my Lite House is smaller than the Campster, and has a queen size bed. Which I do need as I am 6'3".
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #14

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
You might argue the biggest bed in the smallest trailer prize goes to the Happier Camper HC1. It can be all bed if desired. That would be about 6.5’ wide by 10’ long.

“It was nine feet high and six feet wide
And soft as a downy chick.
It was made from the feathers of forty 'leven geese,
Took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick.

It could hold eight kids and four hound dogs
And a piggy we stole from the shed.
We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun-
On grandma's feather bed”

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote