“There is risk in a used one” …
Soft spot in front of bathroom discovered by barefoot feel. No smell, no visual cues, no wetness above the floor. But an extensive wet area developed over time beneath the linoleum. Rot and mold was present.
The installed floor flange and rubber seals were not correct for the Dometic D 510 H toilet. Said flange was cracked … silicone sealant was present from a past un-professional & unsuccessful fix attempt.
• Peeled back linoleum for inspection.
• Cut out all damaged floor structure.
• Treated area for mold and extensively dried the open floor structure.
• Fabricated replacement subfloor structure of a “sandwiched” ½ inch plywood bottom sheathing, wood structure joist/lattice support, interspersed with layered ½ inch Styrofoam sheathing insulation,& then top floor sheathing of another ½ inch plywood … leveled by adding some 1/8 inch plywood shim as needed.
• Installed entire trailer new waterproof laminate vinyl floating plank floor & trim over existing linoleum.
• Cut down a correct RV toilet flange, “ABS plastic repair welded” it to the existing (incorrect) floor flange. Shimmed the toilet mount as required. Installed toilet with the correct toilet seal.
• Btw, also replaced the toilet ball valve seal (it was slowly leaking t.bowl water) while at it all.
It seems to be working.
So currently I’m happy … and I do really like having new flooring!
(sorry no pics of the mess that was under there ... wasn't exactly in a picture taking mood as I dealt with that)