Bigfoot 1987 19’ need new appliances HELP! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2024, 06:44 PM   #1

Name: Jay
Trailer: Bigfoot
string:BC
Bigfoot 1987 19’ need new appliances HELP!

Hi guys, I am a new person on this site which seems to be amazing! I just purchased a 1987 Bigfoot 19, foot trailer.

I just picked it up today and already started on the Reno. Its in pretty good shape but needs a few things I know of.

We need a new door, can anyone recommend some options for us? It’s not really rebuildable and I don’t want to take that on

We need to replace the hot water system as it no longer works.

Also the stove needs replacing.

The previous owner said the fridge works but not real great so we want to replace that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Jay
Jay in Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:45 AM   #2

Name: John
Nova Scotia
Hello Jay,
Stay with that 19' ole timer as it is essentially a good package and much less costly than new. See if an aluminum door manufacturer; i.e., custom can help with the door. Otherwise, check the RV 'graveyards' for a replacement.

Our hot water tank was full of pinholes so we have replaced that with a tankless system by the local RV dealership here in New Minas, NS. I also took out all the sofa supports so as to remove and clean the holding tank for water, as it was very mouldy. The plywood floor underneath was rotted. I fixed that with a type of cured cement mixture.

When it comes to appliances, they can be very costly.

John
jayoh999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:26 PM   #3

Name: Charles
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in Duncan View Post
Hi guys, I am a new person on this site which seems to be amazing! I just purchased a 1987 Bigfoot 19, foot trailer.

I just picked it up today and already started on the Reno. Its in pretty good shape but needs a few things I know of.

We need a new door, can anyone recommend some options for us? It’s not really rebuildable and I don’t want to take that on

We need to replace the hot water system as it no longer works.

Also the stove needs replacing.

The previous owner said the fridge works but not real great so we want to replace that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Jay
You are talking a huge amount of money, especially the fridge.

What brand and exact model number are the existing appliances and what is wrong with them? Have you done any troubleshooting?

Charles
Old 04-04-2024, 04:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The door on our 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud was also in bad shape when we bought the trailer in 2016. So was the fridge. We found a small RV repair place in suburban Chicago that was able to order and install a new standard RV door and comparable Dometic 2-way fridge for us. Since the fridge doesn’t go through the door easily, it was good that the door was out for replacement! In 2016, the bill was about $1800. I’m sure it’s more now!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 11:53 AM   #5

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
This company was recommended on the Casita forum http://https://emmettdoorinc.com/#

Tags
bigfoot