I am a new owner of an old 1985 17ft Bigfoot
. The previous owner, just before we purchased it had an AC unit removed and a Maxxfan installed. The fan runs fine on the 12v battery
, however when connected to shore power it spins a few times and cuts out. I have spent a lot of time changing the ground and new power source. It still has the same issue. With a voltmeter when on 12v battery
the fan is getting 13.6v. When on shore power the converter is putting out 14.09v.
I am thinking that the fan is cutting out because the voltage going into the circuit is too high, a safety feature? I read somewhere on the internet that a service tech from Maxxfan said the max voltage the fan will take is 13.8v. Seems low to me but I'm no expert.
The converter is an Allanson D20-BRA-A. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the output voltage can be set lower?
Thanks for any responses!