Bigfoot Decal Kit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot
I just got a 1980 17' Bigfoot trailer and the decals are pretty much trash. The glass is in pretty good shape with only one puncture and some spiderwebbing so I think I can get away with a good cleaning. But because that will no doubt remove the existing tape I would like to get a line on a kit or individual decals. I suppose I could paint the striping, but the lettering and the decals would be nice to have.

I've heard that the factory is difficult to deal with and I bought the unit used so I don't really have a dealer to go to. Any sources I haven't thought of, or any good way to contact Bigfoot?
Fred Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sign shops can make all kinds of decals. I'd suggest getting some onion skin paper and making a rubbing of the things you want reproduced. Some of the decal is just standard striping material too. It's probably just the "BigFoot" that needs to be reproduced. That would be the time to change the color of the decals to whatever suits your fancy. I know some former BigFoot 5th wheel owners changed the blue to green to match their tug.... then sold the trailer!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Fred,

I tried to get replacement decals for a 2004 from Bigfoot through my dealer last month. I was told they are not available.

If the old striping is still visable you might try taking a digital photo and measurements to your local vehicle graphics shop. Those graphics are cut out by computer. I believe many shops can convert a digital photo image you supply and create new decals.

Or you could forget about the original design and create your own. These vehicle graphics people are pretty creative. Think of the trailer as a blank canvas.

Bruce
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #4

Thanks folks. Just so happens I have a fellow down the street who does vehicle graphics out of his home. I think it't time to get to know the neighbors a little better!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I'm just about to send my new SurfSide art in for cutting. I did a rough tracing and scanned them bit by bit. then loaded them into Adobe Illustrator and redrew the vector art that the cutter uses to make the decals. sometimes there is vector art available on-line and that makes it easy but if you can't find any, the guy down the street will be capable. 2 will cost me $30 FYI

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #6

Thanks Scott. Been too busy to do anything with the Bigfoot yet. I did hit it with the hose yesterday while washing the car and took off some more tape. Shows the nice eggshell original color of the gelcoat. I'm sure I'll never get it back that nice.

I did take a minute and ordered a can of Flitz. Years ago in a former life when I did a lot of boating I learned a little marina trick. Flitz is advertized as a metal polish but is excellent for renewing gelcoat as well. So one of these evenings I'll take the pressure washer to it and get of as much of the old decals, tape etc as possible. Finish it off with some Flitz and see what I come up with.

And now you've given me more incentive to get down the block and talk to my neighbor. Thanks for the wake up!

Fred
Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
I'm just about to send my new SurfSide art in for cutting. I did a rough tracing and scanned them bit by bit. then loaded them into Adobe Illustrator and redrew the vector art that the cutter uses to make the decals.....
Hey Scott, The decals on my new-to-me Surfside are damaged beyond repair. Could you send me the Adobe files you created?
--Lynne
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
sure, my pleasure. I'll need your email... the forum won't let me upload an Illustrator file. here is a jpj of the art if you need to see it as well.

Quote:
Hey Scott, The decals on my new-to-me Surfside are damaged beyond repair. Could you send me the Adobe files you created?
--Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
surfsidelogo.jpg  
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
sure, my pleasure. I'll need your email... the forum won't let me upload an Illustrator file. here is a jpj of the art if you need to see it as well.
Sent you a PM, thanks.
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot