Bigfoot Furnace Removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Bigfoot Furnace Removal

Help !!! Our furnace on our Bigfoot 5th wheel is squealing like crazy. Time to replace it....I think. Anyway unscrewed everything possible and the little sucker won't even budge. Call me crazy but I'm wondering if they installed them underneath the trailer, secured them and fiberglassed it in place???? 😳😳 We tried everything to move it with no luck whatsoever !!! Anybody have any experience with this situation before ? I need some enlightening 😞 please.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
if it's "squealing".....

wouldn't that be the fan ??? why remove/replace the whole thing ?

sorry I don't have specific knowledge about BF fifthwheels....here's a pic of the furnace in a 97 CB (rear closet bottom panel removed...looking straight down).....the furnaces might be the same....I did not go any further than what the picture shows (all I wanted to do was reroute the ducts) but I'm pretty sure I could have kept going removing shrouds/disassembling....good luck
Attached Thumbnails
furnace.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
Help !!! Our furnace on our Bigfoot 5th wheel is squealing like crazy. Time to replace it....I think. Anyway unscrewed everything possible and the little sucker won't even budge. Call me crazy but I'm wondering if they installed them underneath the trailer, secured them and fiberglassed it in place???? 😳😳 We tried everything to move it with no luck whatsoever !!! Anybody have any experience with this situation before ? I need some enlightening 😞 please.

Have you looked online for the installation manual? I'd start with that and work backwards...

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #4

Name: B.
Ontario
I would think if you sent an email to Grant at Bigfoot, he might give you a couple of ideas. Company has been through changes but some of the people have been there through the various versions of the company.
northern dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #5

Hey Tractors1 and Northern Dog, we will try and see if we missed something by consulting the manuals.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #6

Northern Dog ! Is Grant from Bigfoot on this forum ? Im not sure where to find them.

also to Franswa ! Thanks for your input too. Unfortunately , we are unable to determine if it's just the fan wheel that needs replacing as there is no access to the furnace. We removed the inverter and had no luck. We accessed thru the washroom sink area and nothing either. We removed the exhaust vent on the backside of the unit and still nothing. It won't budge at all. Hence the frustration !!! I'm wondering if I need to remove the fridge and come in from the top of the furnace....?????
Thanks again the struggle continues.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #7

Name: B.
Ontario
Doubt he is on the forum. He runs / owns the company now. They are now a much smaller company than they were -lean and more efficient - they shed their motorhomes and a few other things when they reopened in 2010. Small group of very dedicated people there now. I would bet they would respond to an email from you at
bigfoot (at) bigfootrv.com.
northern dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #8

Ok thanks Northern Dog for that info. I had no idea. I'm going to contact him right away. I appreciate the speedy response. Have a great day !

Tags
bigfoot, furnace