Bigfoot Norseman Awning Replacement ??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Hey all you Bigfoot owners !!! I need your help, again !

I have a 1980's era Norseman Sunburst Awning. Everything is in great shape except the awning itself....It has a tear in the upper left hand corner and is very brittle. (good ol' Alberta weather )

I found out a while ago that Norseman no longer makes recreational vehicle awnings...Has anyone replaced their original awning with something newer ??? I contacted an idividual in the US who sells A&E Domestic replacement awning but he had never even heard of Norseman...

I'd really like to kept the existing hardware because it works fine and want to keep the cost down...Those suckers are expensive !!! OUCH !

Thanks all ! Happy trails Mitch
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I think in Calgary there is a Tent and Awning company.I would try them for the awning .
Old 06-23-2007, 06:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The "canvas" part is replaceable. Ches put you on the right track. You may have to remove the entire awning from the trailer, or maybe take the trailer to the awning company
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #4

Quote:
The "canvas" part is replaceable. Ches put you on the right track. You may have to remove the entire awning from the trailer, or maybe take the trailer to the awning company
Thanks Chester and Donna ! Good suggestions. I also put the question out to a locat BF dealer in town to see what they say. They are gonna give me a quote too....I'm ascared !!!! I know it's gonna be huge cash. I'll post when I hear back.

Chester , you reminded me of a previous post about Calgary Tent...I completely forgot and was thinking RV supply stores etc.. Thanks for goggling the brains for me !

Mitch
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:

Thanks Chester and Donna ! Good suggestions. I also put the question out to a locat BF dealer in town to see what they say. They are gonna give me a quote too....I'm ascared !!!! I know it's gonna be huge cash. I'll post when I hear back.

Chester , you reminded me of a previous post about Calgary Tent...I completely forgot and was thinking RV supply stores etc.. Thanks for goggling the brains for me !

Mitch
No problem---any time.Good luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
I need to replace the canvas on my awning as well. Would like to know what Calgary Tent and Awning has to say and what they quoted you for price. Please keep us informed.
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
When I wanted to replace our Norseman awning and keep the hardware I had a devil of a time finding out how to releive the spring tension so we could take it off. Now I have a copy of the orig. Norseman instructions...If you need them I can PDF them to you.

It was simple to do and an awning company sold me a new awning material for $200.00 US.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #8

Quote:
When I wanted to replace our Norseman awning and keep the hardware I had a devil of a time finding out how to releive the spring tension so we could take it off. Now I have a copy of the orig. Norseman instructions...If you need them I can PDF them to you.

It was simple to do and an awning company sold me a new awning material for $200.00 US.

Paul

Yes, please PDF the instructions to tamid@telus.net. I'm sure I will have replace mine soon as I've had to stitch it up a few times and the next rip is lilely to be the end of it.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #9

Quote:

Paul
Thanks Paul ! I do have the original paperwork as well. Thanks for the offer. I currently have the entire awing with brackets lying on my garage floor. Looks like a giant square letter C... So we don't put any pressure on any part of the awning. I plan on going to Calgary Tent next week to get some info. Once I get a quote I'll post it. If figured around $200 also so thanks for confirming that it can be done !!! Mitch
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Paul ! I do have the original paperwork as well. Thanks for the offer. I currently have the entire awing with brackets lying on my garage floor. Looks like a giant square letter C... So we don't put any pressure on any part of the awning. I plan on going to Calgary Tent next week to get some info. Once I get a quote I'll post it. If figured around $200 also so thanks for confirming that it can be done !!! Mitch
Mitch or Paul,

Would really like to get a copy of the instuctions for relieving the spring tension as I have a similar awning by Norseman. Please post here or PM. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #11

Trailer: Terry
Quote:

Paul
Hi Paul, I was searching for the manual you mention in this reply for the sunburst awning. Would you be able to send me a PDF copy as well??I would really appreciate it! ds.tiefenbach@sasktel.net

Shelley
Shelley r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi Paul, I was searching for the manual you mention in this reply for the sunburst awning. Would you be able to send me a PDF copy as well??I would really appreciate it! ds.tiefenbach@sasktel.net

Shelley
Hey Tamid and Shelley R !
I just sent you both a copy of our Norseman Awning brochure. Hope you get it. If there's problems just email me again !!! Mitch
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #13

Trailer: KZ Sportsman
Hi There,
I have just seen this thread and would also really appreciate a PDF of the awning info.
Could you please send to lifeisagasgas at hotmail.com

Dave
Victoria, BC
Dave Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Hi There,
I have just seen this thread and would also really appreciate a PDF of the awning info.
Could you please send to lifeisagasgas@hotmail.com

Dave
Victoria, BC
Done Dave !! Happy Trails all ! Mitch
Old 08-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #15

Name: Fred
Ontario
Please send to me also please!

Hi there... could you email a copy to me also please (cosmos(at)bmts.com) (replace (at) with @, and you have my email address)... thanks!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnutpaul View Post

Paul
johnstonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #16

Name: jerry
Trailer: prowler lynx
Newfoundland
[QUOTE=jrnutpaul;92219]When I wanted to replace our Norseman awning and keep the hardware I had a devil of a time finding out how to releive the spring tension so we could take it off. Now I have a copy of the orig. Norseman instructions...If you need them I can PDF them to you.

Paul[/ I need a copy of the Norseman instructions to detail some repairs I need to make to my awning. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
gerald.smith@eastlink.ca]
jerrysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #17

Name: Fred
Ontario
I've been waiting a LONG time for a response... hopefully he sees this one and will email the both of us at once.... Fred Johnston

[QUOTE=jerrysm;257300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnutpaul View Post

Paul[/ I need a copy of the Norseman instructions to detail some repairs I need to make to my awning. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
gerald.smith@eastlink.ca]
johnstonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Don't hold your breath, here is his last activity over a year ago.

• Last Activity: 06-18-2010 10:00 PM
Bill K

[QUOTE=johnstonf;257305]I've been waiting a LONG time for a response... hopefully he sees this one and will email the both of us at once.... Fred Johnston
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
can someone post a copy of this under awnings in the documents section of this site please?

thanks
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #20

Name: D
Trailer: Frontier
British Columbia
Sorry for resusitating an old thread, but does anyone have the Norseman Awning instructions that "mitch" had? If so, could someone send them to me please? My email is 65val@telus.net. Thanks very much in advance?
65val is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot