Bigfoot Roof Delaminating - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Bigfoot Roof Delaminating

1985 - 17' Bigfoot I seem to have the proverbial Bigfoot problem. The fiberglass roof is delaminating from the foam on the front 1/3 of the roof. There is no apparent sag on the inside and I have not leaks that I know of so perhaps no water damage. I may beable to remove the fantastic fan and somehow inject/spray/brush on epoxy and put some pressure on the outside to hold the fiberglass down to the foam until the epoxy hardens.

Any suggestions on how to effectivley re-laminate other than I have mentioned would be appeciated. I don't need to reinvent any tried and true methods if I can help it.
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh man, bummer. There's another (older) thread with this exact same topic, that you may find helpful: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-42251.html Be sure to look at post #5 for some more valuable info in a link.

Let us know how it goes.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Bigfoot Delamination

Thanks Donna. I did a search but didn't come across this thread.
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
If your fibreglass roof still has the stock shape, there's a thread somewhere here where folks inserted a long tube and injected epoxy as they withdrew the tube (in the wall of a Bigfoot), and then prop the foam up to the fibreglass roof from the inside. If the fibreglass roof shape has changed, you can strip the foam off, and epoxy up a couple of wood bows to hold the correct shape before reinstalling the foam.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
Kjs

Name: Kurt
Trailer: Shopping
Pennsylvania
Tamid,sorry I am using your post to asks question and cannot offer you any advice on your project. I was reading through the attached thread of this roof problem and was just wondering when they speak of the roof being in 3 sections are they speaking of the inside portion? I am just trying to confirm that the fiberglass outside is a one piece shell correct? Secondly, I was surprised how weak the fiberglass shell, structure wise, was described as on the bigfoot ? I am shopping for a fiberglass trailer and would like to pick the best for my needs and I am torn between a bigfoot, casita ( don't like the carpet idea), and an escape. Structurally fiberglass wise, it seems the casita may be stronger? Does Anyone have any opinions on this matter? On rough roads which manufacturer would others prefer? Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Kjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #6

Name: dave
Trailer: Snoozy
New Jersey
Lil snoozy
djcolson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot