Bigfoot VIN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2023, 04:41 PM   #1

Name: Rod
Trailer: 1981 17' Bigfoot
British Columbia
Bigfoot VIN

Hello, All,

I'm not even sure if this forum is still active, but am hoping it is as I've found a lot of useful information on it.

I'm looking at purchasing an early '80s Bigfoot (I have a purchase in the works). I need to find the VIN, though. If anyone has a photo of where I might begin looking, that would be greatly appreciated.
Rod P in PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2003 Honda Odyssey
Bigfoot VIN

In my 1993 B17CB, the VIN is on a metallic sticker on the driver side just below the side window, a molded number plate to the left of the entrance door, and on the info sheet stuck to the inside right side door of the clothes closet at the left rear interior. It 'may' also be stamped on the tongue of the hitch, but haven't looked for it. Also, in Ontario, the VIN is on the Licence for the Ownership and Plate. Good luck.
Mike .....>
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:45 AM   #3

British Columbia
That’s really helpful. I also realized there an attachment on the tongue for what I think was once an equalizer bar and it might be under there. With luck, I’ll soon be an owner 😄. When I find it, I’ll post photos to help out others.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Two VINs

My Bigfoot 30MH29SL has two VINs. One is the Ford VIN used by insurance. That one is in the driver's door. The other is Bigfoot's VIN, located on a sheet of paper glued to the inside of a wardrobe door.
Phil Ruffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #5

British Columbia
Solved-ish

Hi, All,

Thanks for the great pointers and hints. I was all over the trailer but found no VIN except for the manufacturer's sticker inside the closet door. I needed the VIN because the trailer was to be registered in my home province (BC) but the trailer was last registered in Alberta. The insurance/ICBC rep. sighted the VIN in on the manufacturer's sticker and, because it more-or-less matched the VIN on the registration (I think extra digits were added in Alberta to fit the computer system), they accepted the registration and followed up with their processes to register it in BC. Towed it home with shiny new BC plate and am now looking forward to getting it highway ready .

Next step, to the local RV mechanic to give it a look-see for old-readiness. Then, the cleaning and rebuilding will begin!

Tags
bigfoot, vin