Biggar Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Biggar
Hi all!

I am new to this site and am hopeing to get some help. I just purchased a fiberglass trailer that is a Biggar 19' tandem axle. About all I know of this trailer is that it is a 1978 and they were built in Winnipeg as part of Biggar Industries and Boler Manufacturing.

Does anyone have information, tips tricks etc that thye could share with me about this make of travel trailer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
Manitoba Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Paul, welcome to the board. We have heard of the elusive Biggar several times and have only seen an exterior picture. Would be great if you could post several pictures to give us a better idea of what you have.

If you have any specific questions, ask away and we will try and invent an answer that won't send you too far down the garden path.

I would suspect that all of the components except the shell and cabinets are the same as were put in any of the travel trailers of the late 70's. Most of the hardware items are readily available or can easily be replaced with something of current vintage. Things like your axles were probably the same ones as used in the Boler, just doubled up.

One of the jokes with the name is "it's just a Biggar Boler"
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Yes, pictures!

As Charlie pointed out, we've heard about them a few times and even had pictures of a couple them, but all that discussion and the pictures were lost last year when the forum was hijacked.

It's amazing to me how the forum has grown over the last few years and it's been a lot of fun learning about all of the "new" trailers. Benita was the first one that I knew of to have a Fiber Stream, now we have several and we are learning more about them everyday. Surfside is another one and I could name several more.

We are extremely pleased to finally have a real Biggar owner among us. Hopefully you'll be the first of many to come.

Welcome aboard!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi Paul, Welcome....did you pick up yours in Selkirk? There was one there a couple years ago.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Hi Paul, Welcome....did you pick up yours in Selkirk? There was one there a couple years ago.....Benny

Hi Benny,

No, I picked up my trailer in Portage la Prairie. The person there had 3 of them for sale. He is down to just one.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:34 AM   #6

HI everyone,

As soon as I get it all cleaned up, I will take some pictures of the interior and exterior of the Biggar. Point to note, when I was looking around, I saw a 17' Boler and had a look at that one. However, comparing the Boler and Biggar is difficult for me. I found the Boler to be somewhat plain and have a thin fiberglass shell. THe Biggar is a much thicker shell, more insulation between the walls and has more of a luxurious interior with it. It is certainly a differnt looking trailer that has impressed me.

Anyway, I will post pics as soon as I can. Just wish it had the original owners manual with it. Would have loved to read that.

Paul
Old 04-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Surfside&Bigger
British Columbia
Looking for the dimensions for the front dinette area cushions and how they are positioned for my 78 Biggar. Thanks Bill.
Kootenay camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
The Biggar is one of my favourite older moulded fibreglass trailers. I have seen one at rallies a few times in BC. Do show some photos. If you have specific ideas of what you would like to do, start a thread on that and you will get lots of great help here.

Welcome to the site.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:23 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Yes, pictures!

As Charlie pointed out, we've heard about them a few times and even had pictures of a couple them, but all that discussion and the pictures were lost last year when the forum was hijacked.

It's amazing to me how the forum has grown over the last few years and it's been a lot of fun learning about all of the "new" trailers. Benita was the first one that I knew of to have a Fiber Stream, now we have several and we are learning more about them everyday. Surfside is another one and I could name several more.

We are extremely pleased to finally have a real Biggar owner among us. Hopefully you'll be the first of many to come.

Welcome aboard!
If you do a Search on this forum (use the Google search) for Biggar, there are a number of threads that include photos.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Biggar Trailer

Jon, that post you quoted is from 2006. Jim was responding to Bill, a new Biggar owner who tagged onto an old thread. Excellent advice!

I’ll add that if you find a post by a Biggar owner, you can click on their user name and go to their profile to find out if they’re still active on the forum (see “last activity”). If they are, a private message or e-mail might get their attention faster. Probably not more than a handful of them out there.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggar