Boler 1700 door seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 03:41 PM   #1

Name: Todd
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Boler 1700 door seal

Hey folks. I purchased new black seal for my Boler 1700 door. The original seal was attached to the door itself (inset a few inches from the outside edge all the way around. But I have been noticing in lots of pictures that in most cases the seal is attached to the door jamb rather than the door. I wanted to know if there is an advantage to doing it this way. I am also concerned that the seal that was on my Boler were actually not original and whomever installed them possibly didn't do it right (lots of weird mods to my unit that don't appear to be "factory"). Any insight would be helpful.
TBlevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:49 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
The Boler 17 was built with two door types: curved molded fiberglass and flat aluminum skin. That affects the type of door seal. Which type of door is yours?
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Door seal fist defence against bugs

Ours had a seal all around the cut out area on inside that has the shape of the body door hole. Think it maybe original and a car like foam seal that fit around door on inside between edge of door and body door seal. Think they added it because of the way the wall was out and down due to failure of connection from wall and plywood foor. Just fixing wall sag down and out closed most of the gap but we replaced hinge bolts and pivot balls with repair kit and added new foam to the door at same location as old gasket.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Layout and doors

We had a neighbour with a western boler same model as ours it had the flat inset door. Other differences it was lower to ground but the may have been the springs and was 2 1/2" shorter in overall length, side widow at sink swung out like yours instead of slider, awning like yours instead of roll out, only one power vent, rest of layout was exactly the same as ours right down to the 4 burner oven. 1978 RGW 1700

Tags
boler