boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
looking for the metal strip that joins the two halfs together.
Also would like to update the outer finish on my 16ft boler
freida.sherrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Frieda, you'll find lots of friendly, helpful people here.

The Boler owners will jump in and provide information about the trim you're looking for and I know we've had some recent discussions on paint, wax and gel coat enhancers.

What exactly do you wish to do to update the finish?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I suggest a look at the recent topic Need To Seal on Bigfoot?, despite what looks like the wrong trailer brand name in the title - we got sidetracked and discussed Bolers. If you read my post, make sure you read Benny's correction to it later.

Although I have not removed the trim (sometimes called a "belly band", but that really describes the Trillium-style flat trim better than the Boler U-channel) I understand from discussion in this forum that it is intended to be just cosmetic (it doesn't hold the halves together), but ends up being sealed on most trailers.

As for where to get it... anyone?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
I was just thinking and that could be dangerous......wonder how well that Trimlock trim with the metal inside that`s used around the Boler door opening would work and how well it would stand up to the weather...it would probably last maybe 20 years and comes in different depths to accomodate the depth of the joint lip....a bead of polyurethane cauld in the "U" would help hold it on....maybe worth a try....not sure what colors it comes in, but you could run one piece right around the trailer...hmmmm... ...Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Benny,

Do you know any Canadian Sources for Trimlock?
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...Also would like to update the outer finish on my 16ft boler
Freida, it just occurred to me that you said you have a [b]16ft Boler - which would be very unusual. Is it a B1700 (17 foot, rounded body) like the one shown in the Boler album, or is it the very rare square-cornered 1650 model (looks like the Companion)? Aside from curiosity, I think it might matter to the trim; the 13-foot (1300 or B1300 model) and 17-foot (B1700 or 1750 model) Bolers are built the same as each other and lots of people are familiar with the trim piece, but most of us have never seen the squared design.

And by the way... Welcome to the forum!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
I have no idea where Trimlock is available in Canada......suppose has to be ordered from the US.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:02 AM   #8

sorry, you are right it is a 17 ft. We are repairing it after hitting a moose last summer on our first day on the Alaska Hwy. It has a crack, plus has popped the belly seal. I did know that didn't hold the unit together. we had to replace the big front window and we have the side window, which stillhas to be straightened out. We did contact Mcmaster-carr and will let you know how we make out. The boler did prove itself and survived it's run in. Was easy to tow with our Mazda b4000 and we are planned to do the east coast with it this summer. Thanks for the help, Dan & Freida
Old 05-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Try Sudbury Boat and Canoe, or any one of the older boat dealers, the trim is the same as was used to install a bumper strip on fiberglass boats.

I live in Whitefish if you have questions.
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #10

Thank you Joe, will check it out
Dan
Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Freida, it just occurred to me that you said you have a [b]16ft Boler - which would be very unusual. Is it a B1700 (17 foot, rounded body) like the one shown in the Boler album, or is it the very rare square-cornered 1650 model (looks like the Companion)? Aside from curiosity, I think it might matter to the trim; the 13-foot (1300 or B1300 model) and 17-foot (B1700 or 1750 model) Bolers are built the same as each other and lots of people are familiar with the trim piece, but most of us have never seen the squared design.

And by the way... Welcome to the forum!
do you know where to order Trimlock in USA? thanks
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
do you know where to order Trimlock in USA? thanks
Tony, there's a link for Trim-Lok in the Helpful-Links pages. Click here: Helpful-Links ~ Moldings, Trim-Lok is at the bottom of the list.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Con

Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Trim-Loc should be available at most Marine Suppliers.
I got all of mine from a small shop called Marine Plus in Prince George,B.C.
It is a real gold mine for me! For SilkaFlex, stainless steel fittings,SS nuts, bolts, screws, washers and lots of stuff like Trim-Loc.
I have been unable to find a supplier like Marine Plus any where in Vernon, Kelowna, Kamloops or Salmon Arm. Any of the marine shops I went to will order the stuff in for you.
If anyone wants the address of Marine Plus I will post it.
Con is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler