Boler, bunk bed hinge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2022, 05:36 AM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Boler, bunk bed hinge

Hi All,
I am re-establishing the bunk bed in the Boler. I am needing the proper hinge for the back of the sofa to attach to the ledge so it will swing up. Can anybody tell me what the proper name for the hinge is and where I might find one. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenays of BC
Registry
I haven't got access to ours at the moment to provide a photo but the hinge would be fairly easy to duplicate.
It would be several days before I can post a photo but Im sure someone else could provide it.
I don't know a supplier.
Fred
Old 05-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I think they call it a piano hinge, I think I saw them at Home Depot awhile back, not sure if they were long enough but maybe need 2. Or find a piano repair guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmarsh View Post
Hi All,
I am re-establishing the bunk bed in the Boler. I am needing the proper hinge for the back of the sofa to attach to the ledge so it will swing up. Can anybody tell me what the proper name for the hinge is and where I might find one. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp uses a pair of offset chest hinges. One side is shown in this photo. Scamp based their design on the Boler, but I don't know if they are similar enough for this to work for you. Seems like the offset hinges would be easier to work with and just as secure. There is minimal stress on the hinge, since the ledge carries the weight, and the hinge just prevents it from sliding off the ledge.

Name:   Bunk Ledge.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  16.2 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	Offset Hinge.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	145922

If you can't find them locally, Scamp stocks them in their parts store.
https://www.scamptrailers.com/produc...f-chest-hinges
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler