Boler door hinge repair kit and fridge access door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler (Boler Manufacturing
Boler door hinge repair kit and fridge access door

I would like to install a set of the door hinge repair kits, the ones from Scamp are much cheaper than the ones from Paul Neumeister. Will the scamp parts fit on a boler as well?

Also I need a fridge access door to install my fridge as there was only an icebox previously, Can I but the one from scamp that is supposed to fir the RM2193 and bend it to match the countour of the trailer shell?

Thanks,
John
John Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I'm not sure if hinge parts are interchangeable, but the Scamp hinges will work on a Boler except they have three holes at the mounting point on the body.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jesse View Post
I would like to install a set of the door hinge repair kits, the ones from Scamp are much cheaper than the ones from Paul Neumeister. Will the scamp parts fit on a boler as well?

Also I need a fridge access door to install my fridge as there was only an icebox previously, Can I but the one from scamp that is supposed to fir the RM2193 and bend it to match the countour of the trailer shell?

Thanks,
John
If the hinge bodies are OK, you can just get the Scamp hinge repair kit. They worked well in my Boler hinges. Link is here: Door Hinge Repair Kit (Brass Ball, Spring, Nut & Bolt)

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I see Scamp is selling the hinge kit for $5. Does anyone know the cost from Paul Neumeister?
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #5

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jesse View Post

Thanks,
John
Hi, John

You don't say what fridge you're contemplating, but you may need an upper vent as well as a lower for your fridge install- see pic of my same-era Trillium.
I replaced (and painted) the lower access door with a hinged aluminum unit that might fit your Boler- it's only about 10" tall and you may have enough relatively flat surface to accommodate it. Both this door and the upper (unhinged) matching vent are the first two items on the page at NORCOLD Refrigerator Parts & Accessories
The total cost for both items is around $50.00.
As you can see, I liked the price and fit of the hinged door well enough to buy and install four more as access doors to storage- one at each corner of the trailer .

Hope this helps

Francesca
Attached Thumbnails
access doors.jpg   617485pw_1.jpg  

617484pw_1.jpg  
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hey, John!
FYI
Here's a pic of a '77 Boler with the double fridge vents.
That access door looks a lot like the one I posted above!

Note the above-and-below the belly band upper venting- there may be an area requirement related to the fridge you decide to install...

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, fridge