boler fiberglass ribbed floor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 1975 13 ft boler
British Columbia
boler fiberglass ribbed floor

My ribbed fibreglass floor has sagged and broken away around the kitchen counter area. Does anyone has ideas how to fix this ribbed floor? My boler is 1975 original. Thanks. ZellJim
zelljim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I'd try a boat/marine shop that does fiberglass repair. They're used to dealing with cracks and can probably help reinforce the area - must have been some stress to cause the cracks.

Have you checked the frame and made sure nothing is amiss down there? Something had to cause the floor to sag.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I would try to identify the cause. If your 1975 is the same construction as my 1974 (which I would assume it should be) there is an upper and lower fiberglass sandwiching a fiberboard inner layer on the floor. The floor could be sagging because the fiberboard has gotten wet and lost all strength and structural integrity. It could also be caused by twisting or sagging of the structure (the entire Boler body) which can be caused by a bent and or broken frame. I experience the twist and deformation on my Boler due to the frame being bent and the bolts securing the body were all missing or loose.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yep, Ian gave you good advice. That portion of the floor should NOT be broken away from the body unless something else is going on. Don't fix the floor until you figure out the "why." Or, it's liable to be a fix and then fix again.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 1975 13 ft boler
British Columbia
hi every one looking at my post abought my trailer floor isn't quit right.the top floor is good it just spungy because the ribbed sub floor is braking away from the ribs that are in the sub floor. the frame looks ok from cralling around underneath.do I have to remove it to check if its strate and should the frame be of to repair the sub floor thanks
zelljim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Your description is hard to diagnose the problem and the best way to repair it. I am not sure what you are describing as rib.
Are you able to post some pictures to show what is happening
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler