Boler front window rock cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2021, 06:36 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Boler front window rock cover

I have a 1975 boler with the original rock cover for the front window. The rubber "gasket" that goes around the outside has been painted and looks really bad.Any idea where I can pick up a replacement, or what it's actually called?
wood turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #2

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
This is place I've gotten many things for my Boler. Section K has a bunch of rubber shapes/names. This might help.
https://spaenaur.com/download/
steve67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:50 AM   #3

Nova Scotia
thanks
Old 04-17-2021, 10:33 PM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Spanair also sells Stanley's waterproof closed end marine rivets.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:35 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood turner View Post
thanks
What size is your Boler?
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:39 AM   #6

Nova Scotia
It's a b 1300 so it's 13'
We are reupholstering the cushions as the original ones had gone moldy. It sat closed up in a yard for 5 years unused. I'm also redoing all the woodwork in it.
The flooring has been removed and the first really good cleaning has happened.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:31 AM   #7

Ontario
Registry
fixer upper

Quote:
It's a b 1300 so it's 13'
We are reupholstering the cushions as the original ones had gone moldy. It sat closed up in a yard for 5 years unused. I'm also redoing all the woodwork in it.
The flooring has been removed and the first really good cleaning has happened.
Spaenaur is a good source for rivets the above was spelling error due to my using cell phone to send it. We are still in process of replacing rivets with closed end Stanley marine rivets. They can be purchased in boxes of 100 pieces. Every original rivet leaked to different degrees when we got our trailer.

Our trailer has had cushions recovered as well with thicker 4" foam instead of original foam for better sleeping.

Took out all cupboards except fridge frame structure to rebuild and repair them.

The original floor was linoleum that was not glued down but floated on the wood subfloor and ran up wall about 1.5" and then frames put on top and screwed down to allow for trailer flex.

The frames where riveted to the fiberglass with tabs that are screwed to frames of cupboards as the boler can not support its body without the frames. The repairs to frames and improved waterproof aluminum closed end type of rivets, stainless steel screws for replacements have all made it stronger and dryer.

We had time to fix ours as it was usable as purchased; after we replaced the tires with new STr tires (Special Trailer Radial) and had the wrong type of tires but was in a trailer park so they did not need correct tires. We have enjoyed our 1978 boler since 8-1-2010 our friends sold it to us they had started its restoration. With new cushions and drapes, fixed brakes etc. prior to putting it up for sale. The furnace never worked and became a priority fix. We have done a lot of fixing over the years wish had done more progress pictures and posted them.

Will be nice to see pictures of your finished product but it is a good idea to take progress pictures of your rebuild. All of us in the group have learned the hard way at times but it was worth the effort.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:01 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
I have a 1975 boler with the original rock cover for the front window. The rubber "gasket" that goes around the outside has been painted and looks really bad.Any idea where I can pick up a replacement, or what it's actually called?
Not sure if your gravel guard trim is similar to what I had but I picked some up from amazon at the link below and did the trick for mine.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	79BECDE2-4148-48A1-A2A0-F987E77AD4C0.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	140435
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler