Boler -Hinge Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2003, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Boler -Hinge Replacement

I own a '73 Boler, 13 footer, towed by '97 Toyota Camry, 2.2 L four cyclinder, five speed. We have been from Brampton to PEI, to Manitoulin 2x and to Lake Superior -all with my wife and 2x small kids and a dog. Fun and cozy!

I have lost the screw/pin for one hinge and am looking for a replacement. Any suggestions?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #2

Hi Jon
I did same thing.I am now looking for something to fix it with.For time being i am just using a bolt.:wave

Old 08-19-2003, 01:33 PM   #3

Hinges

Can you order one from Scamp Trailers. Their hinges have the pin with the little spring on the bottom. If boler hinges are the same maybe they could help.

Scamp's website is www.scamptrailers.com

Old 08-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #4

Boler Hinge Replacement

Scamp hinge kit will work fine-virtually an exact duplicate.Only problem is Scamp will not(or did not last time I checked-this past spring) accept orders to be delivered to Canada so you may have to find an alternative route for pickup.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Orginally posted by Jon M

I have lost the screw/pin for one hinge and am looking for a replacement. Any suggestions?
Howdy, If the hinge is about the same as on my 74 Boler buy a 2 inch long 1/4 x20 stainless steel machine screw with a ss nut to use as the pin and suppose that you also lost the spring which fits over the bottom of the screw and is about 1/2 inch long with a fairly heavy wire , (about 1/16 " dia.). Drop the screw thru the hinge, put on the spring and then the nut or you can double nut it to keep the nut from loosening or use a ss lock nut. I also dinged the threads a bit at the end of the screw with a pair of side cutters to keep from losing the spring and nut if it comes loose...Hope this works for you...Good luck...Benny

Tags
boler