Boler's underside... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Boler's underside...

Can anyone explain to me what's under the Boler or lead me to some information? Bunch of hoses that elude me right now...

Thanks!

Uncle Cereal
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
Not sure without photos of what you're asking for. Could be a propane line, brake lines, tail light wiring, 12 v lines. Most of these are inside the shell of ours. I don't know about earlier models. There was a tube through the floor to drain the fridge and there may be a drain tube behind the wheel from the sink drain. Ours has a water tank between the rear frame rails. Earlier models contained the tank in one of the seats. Don't know of any reason for other loose stuff on the underside.
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sylvio, your trailer is 40 years old, who knows at this point what kind of owners mods may have happened. James is right, pictures would help us help you. Is there a specific issue you wish to address?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #4

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sylvio, your trailer is 40 years old, who knows at this point what kind of owners mods may have happened. James is right, pictures would help us help you. Is there a specific issue you wish to address?
Hmmm. Put that way, my question does look a little silly...

No specific, actually. More of a general "What's under there?" type of thing.

If I had to go specific, I'd ask about that rectangular box which I understand is for "black water".
-That's for the water that comes out of the sink?
-I assume that the big wavy hose comes straight from the sink.
-What are the two hoses coming in or out of it? One of them has a valve...
-Is there supposed to be a clean water tank as well? Where?

I was wondering if anything like old Boler owner's manual in circulation or online. I understand that many modifications could have happened in 40 years, but it might still be helpful...

Thanks!
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #5

Name: Kent
Trailer: 1974 1300 Boler
Manitoba
Water from the sink is called "grey water". Water from a toilet would be "black water".

Under my Boler (1974), the sink drain originally was a green garden hose poking out a hole in the wheel well under the sink. The propane line runs under the front of the trailer from the tank and goes through a hole into the trailer adjacent to the fridge.

The water tank was originally under the trailer at the rear, between the frame rails, but this had all been changed, with a new poly tank under the dinette seat. And all of the new water lines are all inside the trailer.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Uncle Cereal, what you are describing is the fresh water tank. The green wavy hose is the tank fill hose.second hose is an air vent for filling. Third hosegoes to sink water pump.

Grey water from the sink is drained out the side of camper to any container you provide
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Also there is a drain valve for winterizing
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cereal View Post
Hmmm. Put that way, my question does look a little silly...

No specific, actually. More of a general "What's under there?" type of thing.

If I had to go specific, I'd ask about that rectangular box which I understand is for "black water".

-That's for the water that comes out of the sink?

-I assume that the big wavy hose comes straight from the sink.

-What are the two hoses coming in or out of it? One of them has a valve...

-Is there supposed to be a clean water tank as well? Where?

I was wondering if anything like old Boler owner's manual in circulation or online. I understand that many modifications could have happened in 40 years, but it might still be helpful...

Thanks!

The rectangular box under the dinette is a 20 gal FRESH water tank that would be connected to a "filler" hose little flap door on the outside. Unless you have one of the rare trailers with a bathroom there is no black or grey water tanks in the 13 ft bolers. Older bolers had a tube from the sink that drained to the ground behind the drivers side wheel. This was later located out the side under the sink so that you can connect a short piece of hose as a drain into a pail, bucket or other receptacle.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler