Bolts to frame... WHERE? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #21

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
One thing about bolts, on a 32 year old trailer. Where they were originally located may not be the same as where they are now.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:42 PM   #22

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
One thing about bolts, on a 32 year old trailer. Where they were originally located may not be the same as where they are now.
Erm... do you mean that where the bolts were placed on my trailer 32 years ago might not be the same is where other bolts on newer trailers were placed?

I.e., you are not saying my bolts have MOVED? (of course you're not... are you?)
Old 04-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #23

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I’m saying unless you are the original owner, a prior owner may have added random screws anywhere or made other changes. Now if you have owned since new that’s not a problem.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:09 PM   #24

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I’m saying unless you are the original owner, a prior owner may have added random screws anywhere or made other changes. Now if you have owned since new that’s not a problem.
Gotchya!
Old 04-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #25

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 13' Lil Bigfoot and Escape 15a
California
Where in CA are you? I’m in Riverside and have a LitBigfoot. We haven’t been using it since we got our Escape 15a. The frame on the Bigfoot is poorly built. I’ve been thinking of making a new frame, if we don’t sell it first.
I was out under the Escape just the other day and counted the bolts holding the body to the frame. 14 total and they were only 1/4”! I need to look inside and see what grade they are.
Kevin Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:39 PM   #26

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
When I removed the body of the UHaul from the frame I found most of the bolts were rusted in two, fixed the frame put all new in.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Layton 22 ft / 2004 Ram-Cummins 2500 2wd
Seems to me, I heard somewhere, the 'Lil Bigfoot' was constructed using a set of old 'Boler' molds before they got into building larger units?
Lloyd (aka Santa) Coltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #28

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dawson View Post
Where in CA are you? I’m in Riverside and have a LitBigfoot. We haven’t been using it since we got our Escape 15a. The frame on the Bigfoot is poorly built. I’ve been thinking of making a new frame, if we don’t sell it first.
I was out under the Escape just the other day and counted the bolts holding the body to the frame. 14 total and they were only 1/4”! I need to look inside and see what grade they are.
I’m in Shasta County. What year is your Lil B?
Old 04-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #29

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd (aka Santa) Coltman View Post
Seems to me, I heard somewhere, the 'Lil Bigfoot' was constructed using a set of old 'Boler' molds before they got into building larger units?
Lloyd, I’m not sure about this... the top half is possibly identical, but I think the bottom of the LB is different.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #30

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd (aka Santa) Coltman View Post
The Boler molds went to Scamp. The Bigfoot co. that built our trailer went out of business in 1998. The owner killed in airplane accident in Washington state. A new company has the name thru Bankruptcy purchase.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:18 PM   #31

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
The Boler molds went to Scamp. The Bigfoot co. that built our trailer went out of business in 1998. The owner killed in airplane accident in Washington state. A new company has the name thru Bankruptcy purchase.
The Lil B also has a fiberglass belly pan, and I think the wood floor of the Boler is exposed, isn't it?
Old 04-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #32

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllPea in CA View Post
The Lil B also has a fiberglass belly pan, and I think the wood floor of the Boler is exposed, isn't it?
Depends on where/when the boler was built. My 73 Boler built by GlasFab in Peace River Alberta is not exposed plywood. It has textured fiberglass over the plywood.
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote