Borax - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #21

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
at the end of the camping season or between trips that are weeks or months apart they make some wands that fit down through the toilet opening so you can move it around to clean the residue off the sides of the tank. You can get some soap dispensing containers that screw onto a garden hose if you want to use a cleaning agent instead of just plain water for washing off the sides of the tank.

The containers that screw onto the garden hose are sold at garden supply outlets. They get used for dispensing fertilizers, pesticides, etc. They are calibrated and can be set with a dial to release a particular number of ounces of the solution per gallon of water that passes through the hose.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
What do you do after washing the black tank? What do you do that you couldn't do before?
I've used the wand to attempt to clean the sensors. If it works, it doesn't work for long.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
What do you do after washing the black tank? What do you do that you couldn't do before?
I've used the wand to attempt to clean the sensors. If it works, it doesn't work for long.
I am just talking about what products can be used for tank cleaning. Some people get grossed out if they don't have the tank cleaned out when they have it sitting at their home. Remember that it is perfectly OK for them to take those measures if they wish to do so. We all have our own personal limits on what is too yucky.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
We all have our own personal limits on what is too yucky.

Which is a good reason to just empty the tank, add some Odorlos, and be done with it.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #25

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
I got some TST max when I got my Scamp back in early July. The toilet treatment is orange and has a "proprietary citrus additives". The label says to put a couple ounces in both the gray and black tanks every time you empty them. I did as much last time I had the little guy out in early August. Taking it out again tomorrow. The internal debate I'm having is do I empty what little water is in there and put some more TST max in them with a splash of water, Don't do anything until I empty the holding tanks again, or just put some more TST max in there and enjoy the weekend. I'm leaning towards the later.

Confidence is what I long for...
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote