Brake Lights - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 04:39 AM   #21

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1700
Michigan
DH used the replacement led bulbs in the original fixture, worked but not bright enough. Added 2 more sockets in each fixture and brightness improved, but not as much as we were hoping for. I think your better off transplanting an led fixture into the original housing as the other posters suggested.
Lisa in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Harbor Freight LEDs in original Scalp lights.

When I rebuilt my Scamp I did not want to deal with rusty sockets and intermittent and weak tail lights so I fitted these Harbor Freight lights inside my old round Scamp lights.

They fit right inside the old lens with only the socket sticking out too high.

I took a Dremel tool and cut it off and soldered wires directly to the nubs left going into the light.
A little RTV sealant to hold it in place.
For the driver's side I put some strip LED white lights in over the clear area that is intended to "Leak" light onto the tag at night. Sorry I don't have a picture of that.
So The red shines right through the red lens with little if any loss of brightness and is much better than the old bulbs.
This shows $14.99 on the Harbor Freight website, but I don't know it that is for a pair or each. Either way it is a great way to keep the original look and have new technology.
So far in 5 + years they have been trouble free.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #23

Name: Shelley
Trailer: 1974 Trillium
British Columbia
That's great! Thank you.
NitKnit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights