Burro Wide Body Axel Help - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Burrito's Avatar
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Posts: 18
Registry
Burro Wide Body Axel Help

I am trying to find a replacement axel for my '89 17' Wide Body Burro and my local guy is having a hard time finding anything. I've searched on the site here, but can't seem to come up with a specific axel name size etc. Is there anyone out there that can help me?
Thanks!
__________________

Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
Member
 
Name: Annie
Trailer: BigFoot
Oregon
Posts: 42
Flexiride Axle-Southwest Wheel

I just replaced my axle in my 13' Burro 3 weeks ago. I replaced my old axle with a Flexiride axle from Southwest Wheel. I worked with Tracy Roberts <troberts@southwestwheel.com>. She helped me get all the measurements I would need and walked me through the whole process. When I replaced my axle I also added a 2-5/8" lift to my Burro.

Southwest Wheel took about 2 days to build my axle to my specifications and then FedEx'd it to me. From order to my doorstep took about a week.

It took about a day to install the axle since we had to weld the lift bracket in place before installing the axle.
__________________

AnnieSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
I am trying to find a replacement axel for my '89 17' Wide Body Burro and my local guy is having a hard time finding anything. I've searched on the site here, but can't seem to come up with a specific axel name size etc. Is there anyone out there that can help me?
Thanks!
An "AXEL" is a type of jump performed by figure skaters.
You have an AXLE.

Go to any trailer shop.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Burrito's Avatar
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Posts: 18
Registry
Thanks Wayne, I was channeling my inner figure skater when I posted, then tried to edit the post, but can't find where to do it.


Unfortunately, my experience with the local 'trailer shops' has NOT been helpful...thus the request for help here.
Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Burrito's Avatar
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Posts: 18
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieSnyder View Post
I just replaced my axle in my 13' Burro 3 weeks ago. I replaced my old axle with a Flexiride axle from Southwest Wheel. I worked with Tracy Roberts <troberts@southwestwheel.com>. She helped me get all the measurements I would need and walked me through the whole process. When I replaced my axle I also added a 2-5/8" lift to my Burro.

Southwest Wheel took about 2 days to build my axle to my specifications and then FedEx'd it to me. From order to my doorstep took about a week.

It took about a day to install the axle since we had to weld the lift bracket in place before installing the axle.

Thanks Annie, I've contacted Tracy, she is extremely helpful!!
Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 6,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
Thanks Wayne, I was channeling my inner figure skater when I posted, then tried to edit the post, but can't find where to do it.


Unfortunately, my experience with the local 'trailer shops' has NOT been helpful...thus the request for help here.

You should see "edit" below your post. You have a certain amount of time to do this ( an hour? 24? )
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 10.30.54 AM.png  
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Posts: 1,468
There are 2 very large Dexter Axle distributors in Oregon. Potter Webster and Six Robblees in Portland. I believe Potter Webster owns a repair facility near their warehouse. Six Robblees has other warehouses and both of these businesses could probably refer you to a good welding shop.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
Thanks Wayne, I was channeling my inner figure skater when I posted, then tried to edit the post, but can't find where to do it.


Unfortunately, my experience with the local 'trailer shops' has NOT been helpful...thus the request for help here.
Always good to edit your words before hitting the SUBMIT button, but even after your post goes up, there is an EDIT button you can hit if you don't wait too long.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Scoboatn's Avatar
 
Name: Cory
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
Posts: 119
Leaf Spring

Cheaper and easier to replace with a leaf spring axel. That is what I did. I like it. Mine tows just fine. This also allows more options for custom height adjustment. Cheaper and easier to fix if you ever have any problems on the road. See my Baja Burrito Resto Mod thread. Good luck.
Scoboatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 2004 Airstream Interstate 22' B-van
Iowa
Posts: 5,031
Here are a couple of threads for you:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...xle-55342.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...html#post36722
__________________

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
burro


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Per! Roger! Burro Wide Body owners Gina D. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 20 02-03-2007 01:36 PM
1986 Burro 20 wide body Rick F. D. Classified Archives 3 11-19-2006 08:21 AM
SOLD - 14' Burro Wide Body, Cent. Ca. John Perry Classified Archives 2 10-28-2006 10:05 PM
Sold! 1987 Burro 17 wide body, front bunk/dinette Marsha D. Classified Archives 18 10-24-2006 11:37 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×