C-pap - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
I have had a C-pap machine for two years now and find somewhat of a pain in the asp. I have also had reservations about using it in my camper as I am sure the battery would not make it through the night.

As a result, I purchased a mouldable mouthpiece that keeps the lower jaw thrust forward and alleviates the breathing blockage. I have found this to be a great way to rid myself of the C-pap machine. In additon it uses ZERO electricity.

I highly reccomend it!

I purchased it over the internet from Therapy Control Products Inc. in Airdrie Alberta. You can find them on the internet or call toll free at: 877-771-7794.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Bud Kennedy... I have used a molded dental device for about 10 yrs. now. I got it made by my Dentist as we travelled a lot even before trailers. The thought of lugging extra luggage wasn't popular with me...but then neither was the Dentists bill!!! WOW!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
My wife and I are both on C-PAP and we are extremely happy with it. We would not sleep without it. Each of us bought one of those mouthpieces from that place in Alberta before we bought our C-PAP, just to check if they could be a solution. They were totally useless.... It was a pure lost of money. May be it can work for some but this is far from being a universal solution. Think twice before buying them especially if you already have a C-PAP and are happy with it.

So we decided to get well organized. We followed advices from experienced people. We got 2X 6 volts batteries in series (golf cart batteries) with an intelligent charger system and made it possible to recharge the batteries while driving the tow vehicle. Both C-PAP are set on 12 volts. Even without recharging we nearly can do a week on those batteries (without humidifier). Works like a charm.
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote