Cadet? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #1

Trailer: Cadet
Hi, new guy here.

I just bought this fiberglass trailer with the thoughts of replacing my 73 VW camper. Can anyone identify what exactly it is and perhaps the year. I believe it is a cadet originating from Poland.

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada. Where might one find parts for this rig IE roof vent, door latch/knob. Also if there are any idea on redoing the inside, please let me know. A new 3/4 inch plywood floor was put in by the previous owner and as far as I can tell most pieces are still there for the seats and cupboards and such however I am sure some will have to be replaced or repaired. Wall covering and Floor covering??

Thanks,
Donnie
Attached Thumbnails
inside1.jpg   outside1.jpg  

Donnie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Donnie... Those trailers were made in Poland...but were finished/furnished in Canada. Some of the hardware and RV items could be avail locally. p.s. Here's a pic of one I took [at] Bolerama.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
cadet.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I think what you have there is a Captain. The cadet has a pop-up room, the bigger Captian does not.

See photos in the Albums section here
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Cadet
Quote:
I think what you have there is a Captain. The cadet has a pop-up room, the bigger Captian does not.

See photos in the Albums section here
Thanks for the reply.
You have me thinking now. I did see the posted pics of the "captain" but then ruled it out because of the different layout. The fridge/stove is on the door side in pic'ed captain as well the exterior pic of the door side looks like it has a vent in the mid lower section.

I figured that the pop-up roof was an option.

Do you know anything about the "captain". It was my understanding that this unit was imported from Poland by a local Polish Dr. who is no longer around the area to ask. I can only find very little on the internet regarding to the cadet. There is little or nothing on the captain. It will be a couple of weeks before I can actually get in in my yard. There is still a lot of ice and snow on the ground here.

What kind of restrictions am I facing with the floor covering. Is hardwood out of the question due to potential movement?

Can't wait for the summer to enjoy. I will have to find out more info on its origin in order to answer questions.

donnie

donnie
Donnie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captain_1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	18496

Name:	Captain_3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	18498

This as a 1988 Predom-Prespol
"Captain" model

The door is in a different position. Perhaps a model year change??
Alf's picture shows the raised roof of the Cadet which appears to be the same size as the one Donnie Campbell has purchased.
Attached Thumbnails
Captain_2.jpg  
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #6

Name:	Captain_5.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	18499

Here's a couple of pages from the owners book.
It's a copy of a photo. Sorry about the quality.
The middle picture on the second page shows a couple of variations.
The Captain is 14'-6" overall and the interior length is 10'-6".
Hope this is of some help.
Attached Thumbnails
Captain_4.jpg  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #7

Trailer: Predom Cadet
Hi,
I have a similar model Cadet I bought from a guy in Michigan.
Have you had any luck reconditioning the interior ? I need to do the same thing.
It is a lot of fun to go camping in. Really, it couldn't be any easier to tow and set up.
I would like to find new windows.
I tried to attach a picture, if it works.
These pictures are not my trailer. Im not sure where these came from but mine looks like this just much older
Attached Images

Larry A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:34 AM   #8

Just a thought. Did they reverse the frame to make these for left/right hand drive so that they faced the opposite direction? That would change the door to the opposite side without changing the mould.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #9

Trailer:
Quote:
Did they reverse the frame to make these for left/right hand drive so that they faced the opposite direction?
Yep - in Britain they are still sold with the door on the left and the sloping window at the front. I would have thought it's the wrong weight distribution, but it actually looks better that way round.

Andrew
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #10

Trailer: Captain
Quote:
Hi, new guy here.

I just bought this fiberglass trailer with the thoughts of replacing my 73 VW camper. Can anyone identify what exactly it is and perhaps the year. I believe it is a cadet originating from Poland.

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada. Where might one find parts for this rig IE roof vent, door latch/knob. Also if there are any idea on redoing the inside, please let me know. A new 3/4 inch plywood floor was put in by the previous owner and as far as I can tell most pieces are still there for the seats and cupboards and such however I am sure some will have to be replaced or repaired. Wall covering and Floor covering??

Thanks,
Donnie
Hello Donnie It is indeed a Captain. (grown up Cadet) I am in the middle of rebuilding one now. The original documentation is stamped on the wall in the back of the closet behind the carpet.
Martin
(I passionately hate the original wall covering in both trailers)
Martin in Fonthill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cadet