Calling all Burro Owners!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
I am trying to find a replacement lens cap as I have none. Can any one look and see if theirs has a number? The original was on a flat base, was circular and stood off the platform. The dealer wants to know is it:

Peterson M440 or some number and letters…

Thanks so much!

Pam

Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro
Pam,

I have a 83 Burro and here is what I found on the rear red tail light. Reflect-O-Lite 110-150 Chicago, Ill. SAE-1A-S-T-L-69.

Good luck.

Gina
reginam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Pam,

I have a 83 Burro and here is what I found on the rear red tail light. Reflect-O-Lite 110-150 Chicago, Ill. SAE-1A-S-T-L-69.

Good luck.

Gina
Thanks so much Gina...lets see if the dealer can find it...

Pam
Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #4

Trailer: Tent
Pamela, I just replace the tail light covers on my '82 burro. Perfect fit, here is link where I found them.

Reflect-O-Lite 110 150 Lens $14.99

Mike
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Pamela, I just replace the tail light covers on my '82 burro. Perfect fit, here is link where I found them.

Reflect-O-Lite 110 150 Lens $14.99

Mike
They are now ordered. Now...question no. 2? how about those little round lights at the top?

Pam

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #6

Quote:
They are now ordered. Now...question no. 2? how about those little round lights at the top?

Pam
Pam, I ordered two of these, but have not yet installed, from the same store Vintage Trailer Supply, $5.65 each. They look the same, but they expect to have the ground from the screws, so I will hard wire a ground to them. I am planning to see if I can just swap the lenses but haven't had the time. They look like perfect matches.

Mike
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Pam, I ordered two of these, but have not yet installed, from the same store Vintage Trailer Supply, $5.65 each. They look the same, but they expect to have the ground from the screws, so I will hard wire a ground to them. I am planning to see if I can just swap the lenses but haven't had the time. They look like perfect matches.

Mike
I was wondering about those...quick...install them and let me know if they work!! please?

Pam

Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #8

Pamela, just cause you asked nice, and the rain was holding off for a minute. I ran out and popped off the old, and put on one of the new lights. Fits just fine, but you have to replace the base as well (it is included, but the new lens is just a hair larger so it wont stay on the old base). I was able to move over the old wires easily, I was also able to use the same screw holes, just had to rotate 180 degrees from my first try. The new ones come with a rubber gasket, my originals had no gasket, and water came out in my hand when I popped off the lens.

They visually are just the same as the originals.

Go ahead order a pair.

Mike
Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Pamela, just cause you asked nice, and the rain was holding off for a minute. I ran out and popped off the old, and put on one of the new lights. Fits just fine, but you have to replace the base as well (it is included, but the new lens is just a hair larger so it wont stay on the old base). I was able to move over the old wires easily, I was also able to use the same screw holes, just had to rotate 180 degrees from my first try. The new ones come with a rubber gasket, my originals had no gasket, and water came out in my hand when I popped off the lens.

They visually are just the same as the originals.

Go ahead order a pair.

Mike
Mike,

cool...you got on top of it so fast!!! (makes me look bad...)

My lenses just came in for the 110 150's...cool awesome fit. Mike-did you get the red or amber? (for the small lights?) I have one cover left and it looks like it once was amber.

It looks so much better with the original lens caps-I am glad that I didn't replace them with the walmart cheapies.

Pam
Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Mike,

cool...you got on top of it so fast!!! (makes me look bad...)

My lenses just came in for the 110 150's...cool awesome fit. Mike-did you get the red or amber? (for the small lights?) I have one cover left and it looks like it once was amber.

It looks so much better with the original lens caps-I am glad that I didn't replace them with the walmart cheapies.

Pam
Pam, I ordered red for the top (I think all lights at the rear of the trailer need to be red, amber/orange for the front) and they look perfect. Before you have to ask I replaced the side lights this past weekend. Vintage Trailer Supply did not appear to have the right size, but I picked up two red and two amber lights from Lowes. Once installed these look perfect as well. All are wired up and look like they have been there forever. FYI I wired the top rear lights as well as the side markers as driving lights. I considered wiring the top rear as turn signals or brakes but decided to leave the wiring as originally intended.

I'm not that fast, it has been raining here almost non-stop for the past six weeks. I ran out because the rain let up for an hour or so. I looked at cheap replacements and just was not happy with the way they would have looked.

I suspect that I may need to add a light over the license plate, I think the original tail lights had a clear lens on the bottom of the drivers side tail light.

Mike
Old 07-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #11

Quote:
I suspect that I may need to add a light over the license plate, I think the original tail lights had a clear lens on the bottom of the drivers side tail light.

Mike

Is the license plate light a requirement? interesting question. I didn't think about that problem...

Pam
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Is the license plate light a requirement? interesting question. I didn't think about that problem...

Pam

It is in Massachusetts, but then again we like to make laws in search of a problem.

Mike
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #13

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Is the license plate light a requirement.YES in all states.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Is the license plate light a requirement.[b]YES in all states.
Thanks for the clarification.

Mike

Tags
burro