Calmark measurements and fit? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Calmark measurements and fit?

Their measurement instructions have me measuring from the point the corner curves start on walls and roof, and I thought there could be a problem if I see the start point a couple of inches "early" or "late" when it comes to them sewing up the cover corners. Or is there enough play in the fit so that's not really an issue? (They apparently have Scamp and Casita patterns on hand, but not Parkliner. Hard to believe mine would be the first, but I guess they can't keep up with all brands.)
Thanks.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #2

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I think we were the first actually. Have them look for our plans. Frank and Gail Alguire, Ravena, NY. Maybe 2013? 2014?

The cover was like XL, but as it turned out, we love it. It covers from the power jack up front to the back, wheels and tires (though we remove ours in the fall for storage) right down to just brushing the ground. I can snap a pic of it when I get home. It's a bit difficult to get on for one person, but two with a stepladder can do it.

I'm surprised they don't keep better records of trailers they've already made custom covers for. I mean, why re-invent the wheel?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #3

Name: Paige
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Reply to Calmark measurements and fit

Hi FishingBob,

I have had Calmark make two covers for me. One for my Perris Pacer and the the other for my Bigfoot 17.5. In both cases I had to give my best interpretation of the center of rounded corners. Both covers came back to me a pretty darn good fit. They do allow some extra room, otherwise it would be a nightmare to try and get the cover to pull down over the trailer. The extra room can be tightened up with the cinch straps they sew into the cover.

On my Bigfoot, I did have them make an adjustment after they made the cover. The zipper on both side of the entrance door was too low at the top and the corners on my door are sharp aluminum. They extended the zipper so that when rolled up, the door now clears the cover by several inches and works much better. I've really had good experiences with Calmark.
Paige C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #4

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I have had good experience as well, except they could not tell me when I wanted one if they had ever made one for a Parkliner. Really? And apparently they are still telling people that.

One of the things I really like about out cover is the door set up. Zippers end up 3 or 4 inches from the sides of the door and there's even ribbons to tie the door up when you roll it up for entrance. No questions they make a quality product.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #5

Name: Marge
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Our neighbor has one and the first one came back too small. They took it back and modified it and now he's really happy with it. So don't fret, they seem to back up their product.

We need to get one of these, too...
margeleept is offline   Reply With Quote