Camper FELL OFF truck- help! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
I'm not sure how the Happier Camper comes equipped but another thought to consider is that the mechanicals such as the ac unit, furnace, plumbing systems and other electronics don't take too kindly to being dropped off of a truck. While they may work now you could have a continuing nightmare of problems down the road. By then the insurance co will be done with their obligation and you'll be faced with those repair bills on your checkbook.
Hoping for a good resolution for you on this.
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:29 PM   #42

Name: Paul
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Iím so sorry to hear about your bad news. My experience with a shipping company destroying stuff was some skids that my company manufactured. We were only able to recover about 2/3 of the cost of the damage that they caused. Your only hope of getting anywhere near made whole is to get your insurance involved. They will have the the legal horse power that you just canít afford when your looking down a loss like this.

I canít imagine how this could be a repairable situation unless HC can disassemble it and completely reassemble it with new appliances, utility systems and structural work otherwise itís just a crappy patch that will break down way to early

Good luck freight companies are terrible and you need someone on your side
Durango Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #43

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 13' Std, Honda CRV
Washington
I agree with the others stating to get full replacement of new trailer; if you don't want to wait, then at minimum, have the trailer factory do the assessment and use their repair people and not the shipping co. As frustrating and painful as it is to have your (highly anticipated) summer plans after a year of lockdowns fall off the truck also, better to wait possibly another summer and have a sound trailer for years to come, rather than have all manner of issues show up long after the settlement from an unknown possible twisted frame, axle, weird vibrations, and towing issues. As someone stated, you paid for brand new, perfect condition, delivery etc. So frustrating, so disappointing, but think of the long term.....
Shannon Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #44

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
From post #1:
"I recently purchased a used 2020 Happier Camper in perfect condition from an owner in Florida. I contracted Fisher Shipping to transport it to me in Western Mass. Yesterday I received the terrible news that it had fallen off the truck and from the damage it incurred, appeared to have rolled on impact. The truck driver is taking full responsibility for not having strapped it in correctly."