Campster owners- need photos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Campster owners- need photos

Finally getting towards fixing my missing part of the poptop. The mechanism is in good shape- needs a new spring on the top on one side and a nut to hold a bolt in. The wood part of the top (the wooden frame) is still there. Missing besides the fiberglass top are the handles for pulling down and the jeep clamps for locking down. So what I need to know is- how were these attached? They must have been on the fiberglass, not the wood frame (though the latter seems like it might be more secure.)

If you can take a photo or two of the top and inside of your poptop roof I'd appreciate it. Also one or two of the mechanism on one side so I can make sure nothing else is off there.

Posting this on the Compact page on Facebook, too, as I know we have some Campster owners there. But don't need Compact photos- the Campster top is different.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: TrailsWest
Washington
Pictures

I was going to take pictures anyway so toot a few extra for you. With any luck, I'll have figured out the magic trick to post them

Hope they are helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
campster inside popup.jpg   campster outside popup1.jpg  

campster outside popup2.jpg   campster top.jpg  

Old 05-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #3

Registry
Perfect, thanks! So everything was just attached to the fiberglass. Very helpful!
Old 05-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #4

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: TrailsWest
Washington
Actually, the springs and lifting supports appear to be bolted to the wood frame. It's hard to tell about what's on the on the inside. The PO put a wood liner in the top so I can't tell what the handles and latches are attached to.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #5

Registry
There was a thin wood veneer liner originally.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I will be taking my popup apart to replace the fabric and the wood on the outside in the near future. I will be sure to take lots of photos and post them in the forum along with dimensions and such.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campster